today is day one....

Options
CazDeLaz
CazDeLaz Posts: 11 Member
Today I steped on the scale and I am the heaviest I have ever been. I'm 26 y/o 5'6 and 200lbs... My goal is 150lbs (that's how much a weighed when I left college). I plan to lift weights and run (20-40 min) 3 days a week to start. I'm looking for friends in a similar situation.

Replies

• BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'm a tad bit or so older, shorter and a little smaller than you. But...I am lifting three times a week. I run when I actually need to get a burn in to stay under my calorie goal.

You can add me if you like. :)
  • Jtaulman
    Jtaulman Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm the same age and very close to the same metrics. Having the same problem, trying to get back to college size. I try to work out twice a week and make home cooked meals (for the week) twice a week just to make good habits. I usually try to get a good long run or two in throughout the week as well through the park to get out of the house.

Feel free to add me if you're looking for friends/motivation in MFP. Best of luck!
  • MsTurboSquid
    MsTurboSquid Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow! for some reason I thought I would be the only one starting today. glad to see I'm not alone. Unfortunately I am my college size, and Ideally my dream weight would be 125lbs but I would be happy with approximately 150. I am 5'6" with about 275lbs or so on my frame. I'm checking the scale in the morning.
    I just started getting active again and I hope to continue with this motivation!
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I'm a little older and a little shorter as well. I'm 175lbs trying to get back to 125-130lbs. You can add me too if you'd like, I'm still in my first month here.