The Beginning of a Journey

Today is day one of a journey. At roughly 275 lbs I am at my all time heaviest. I have been in denial for a long time, always thinking that a few stomach crunches or a jog would slim me down.
Last week I went for my first bike ride of the summer. After about 10 minutes I fainted. Something that has never happened to me before.
It was a huge eye opener. I'm ready to make the change into a healthy lifestyle and drop 150lbs. I hope I can talk to people who feel the same motivation and determination I feel in gaining control over their weight! Add me any time :)

Replies

• heyycreeper
    heyycreeper Posts: 1 Member
    Good luck on your journey. I just recently started riding my bike to and from work most days of the week, at the beginning of the month. 10-15 minutes home depending on the route if i'm going straight there, or 20 minutes to work (uphill, haha).

It has made me realize that i've never really rode a bike for transportation on a regular basis, and it has been a fun and eye opening experience. I've noticed that I really struggle uphill and the humidity is nearly too much for me some days, which has me looking forward to a healthier and more active lifestyle where I am better acclimatized.