Gain

Options
Help!!! Please.... my names mags :) so been really good kept under my calories. But having around 1400 -1600 a day. Mfp allows me 1600. I walk alot and burn a good 350 to 600 calories a day. Ive only just started on mfp 2 weeks ago. First week lost 900gms this week gained 300 gms back. I know im down on my water could that be the problem ?? Thanks

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    So many different variables that can cause temporary gains in weight. Look at it this way: 900gm off the first week and 300gm back the next week for a net of 600gm total in two weeks. As long as you're trending downward in the long run, you're doing right.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale? Are you ovulating or is it TOM? Have you eaten too much sodium in the last couple of days?
  • magz80
    magz80 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Just frustrating. Going to get back to drinking more water. Thank you for replying
  • magz80
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Are you using a food scale? Are you ovulating or is it TOM? Have you eaten too much sodium in the last couple of days?
    i use the scanner alot with my foods. And bake alot so put my recipes in. Ill check on the sodium.

• magz80
    Options
    magz80 wrote: »
    i use the scanner alot with my foods. And bake alot so put my recipes in. Ill check on the sodium.
    went over my sodium 3 times in the two weeks

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    These things I mentioned all make you retain water. Additionally, when beginning a new exercise program, it's normal to retain, which can mask a loss. Keep doing what you're doing. Use a food scale and it will come.
  • magz80
    Options
    These things I mentioned all make you retain water. Additionally, when beginning a new exercise program, it's normal to retain, which can mask a loss. Keep doing what you're doing. Use a food scale and it will come.
    thanks for your help. Ive been walking everyday for 6 1/2 weeks. Normally walk 6 km a day dome times over but rarely under. Just burned 625 walking with the kids. Do i eat those burned calories coz ive only been eating some. Your advice is much appreciated

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    thanks for your help. Ive been walking everyday for 6 1/2 weeks. Normally walk 6 km a day dome times over but rarely under. Just burned 625 walking with the kids. Do i eat those burned calories coz ive only been eating some. Your advice is much appreciated

Eating some of them is fine, since calorie burns tend to be overestimated. Many here will only do 50% of them. Make sure you're hitting at least 1200 net calories, and log your food accurately as Lis said.
  • magz80
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Eating some of them is fine, since calorie burns tend to be overestimated. Many here will only do 50% of them. Make sure you're hitting at least 1200 net calories, and log your food accurately as Lis said.
    thank you :smiley: