Suffering :(

Options
I'm starving, I really want something sweet and I'm trying so hard not to binge or go to wal mart and indulge into a chocolate cake.
I hate feeling so stressed!

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    so how much are you eating?

you dont have to be hungry you know
    I was on 1200 for months and wasn't hungry at all.

Maybe you restrict yourself to much?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,202 Member
    Options
    Do you have calories you can use? If so, try a small amount of something with protein, like a little bit of chicken, cottage cheese, or yogurt.
  • LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    If it is within your allowed calories then have something sweet. Sometimes I'll eat a candy bar or ice cream if it's within my calories for the day.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    What have you set your weekly weight loss goal to? 2 lbs or 1 lb? I know it's easy to want to lose the weight faster, but setting things so your weight loss is slower and steadier will allow you more calories. It's better to lose slowly than set yourself such an impossible task that you end up quitting altogether.
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Same here, I eat between 1200 and 1400 a day and am never hungry. Sometimes I feel like I eat all day long. Maybe some fresh fruit for your sweet craving?
  • Ceit3
    Ceit3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Maybe have some fruit instead! Its something sweet and not bad for you my favorite thing is pears to eat. Gum also helps when i have cravings for bad foods and drinking lots of water helps me feel full. Hope this helps you out!
  • loseitall150
    loseitall150 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have -13 calories left, I set my goal 2lb loss a week.
    This is all my fault because I didn't do any shopping yet and my snacks were unhealthy and I almost binged there.
    I'm kicking myself in the butt right now!
    I really want to eat so badly, I'm so stupid uggghhhh
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    just eat something with the settings on 2lbs loss it wont hurt. you maybe slow down 1 ounce lol
    But seriously
    with a big deficit like that it wont hurt at all to eat something
    And maybe look into it that this goal is to aggressive.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Ceit3 wrote: »
    Maybe have some fruit instead! Its something sweet and not bad for you my favorite thing is pears to eat. Gum also helps when i have cravings for bad foods and drinking lots of water helps me feel full. Hope this helps you out!

Calories from fruit and calories from chocolate are the same in terms of weight loss

The sooner people realise that losing weight is only about calorie reduction the better IMO

If you have too few calories to keep you satisfied then some ways to help

1) check your goal loss is no more than 1% bodyweight
    2) move more to eat more
    3) swap out higher calorie for lower calorie volume foods
    4) don't treat any foods as bad, work them into your defecit
    5) you can do worse than follow the 80% 'healthy'/ 20% treat guideline
    6) treat your calorie defecit as a weekly rather than a daily thing
    7) protein and fats can be more sating
    8) if you've just eaten then you're probably not hungry, leave it 30 mins
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    You're hungry. You are not starving and you are not suffering.

Hunger is a request, not a demand, right? You are free to tell it "No ! I've got goals ... " , right?
  • Machka9
    Options

Hunger is a request, not a demand, right? You are free to tell it "No ! I've got goals ... " , right?

This ^^

I was actually just thinking about this today while I was out walking. I felt hungry, but had eating a couple things before the walk. So did I actually need to eat more food? No, probably not. So I kept walking.

• Machka9
    Options
    This is all my fault because I didn't do any shopping yet and my snacks were unhealthy and I almost binged there.

Treat it like a learning experience ... and make yourself a cup of tea (no sugar or milk). I find lemon-ginger tea kind of settles my stomach's rumblings.

Tomorrow, go shopping for some good, low-cal foods.

• fattymcrunnerpants
    fattymcrunnerpants Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth and an trying my darndest not to indulge it too much. I've found when that urge comes on that a serving of plain Greek yogurt with a tablespoon of honey works wonders. It feels like I'm indulging but gives me a boost of protein that helps stop the "I'm starving" feeling. Also, don't try to change your diet all at once super dramatically. By feeling like you're punishing or restricting yourself you'll be less likely to sick to overall better habits and more likely to binge.
  • loseitall150
    edited July 2015
    Options

That's true, maybe if I roll over and fall asleep the sugary evil thoughts will leave my mind.
  • loseitall150
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth and an trying my darndest not to indulge it too much. I've found when that urge comes on that a serving of plain Greek yogurt with a tablespoon of honey works wonders. It feels like I'm indulging but gives me a boost of protein that helps stop the "I'm starving" feeling. Also, don't try to change your diet all at once super dramatically. By feeling like you're punishing or restricting yourself you'll be less likely to sick to overall better habits and more likely to binge.

That's a good idea
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Reduce your deficit to -1 lb or -1/2 lb a week. It is MUCH easier to fit treats in that way.
  • Machka9
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    Reduce your deficit to -1 lb or -1/2 lb a week. It is MUCH easier to fit treats in that way.

Yes ... not nearly so traumatic.

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »

Yes ... not nearly so traumatic.

Yep. Tada! 500 more calories. No need to white knuckle it
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    You're stressing yourself out for nothing. Even if an aggressive rate of loss is right for you most of the time--and if you feel the need to binge sometimes, it probably isn't--there will be days when the calories given just aren't enough. What is your fear? That you won't get back on the wagon tomorrow? You will. Log it and move on. Or are you afraid that you will gain weight back? That's not a rational thought. Even if you eat way over maintenance one day, as long as you've behaved in general, you should see a loss.

No need to suffer.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ^^ true

That's true, maybe if I roll over and fall asleep the sugary evil thoughts will leave my mind.

When it's like that, eg around TOM, I just have whatever it is.

You're not stupid, we've all done that at some point or other. It's just learning. Lesson here: planning is important :) You can shop tomorrow so you're ready for the week.