Looking for friends to hold me accountable and support my journey

Options
jreeck
jreeck Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2015 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Jenny, I am 38 years old, and I am desperately needing and wanting to lose weight. I have horrible back problems caused by Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. It caused arthritis to spread rapidly in my body. My weight is causing diabetes and slight hypertension, but I can't seem to find exercise that I can maintain due to the back issues. I have 8 year old twins, and I am tired of not being able to run and play with them. They are a bit overweight, having learned my bad habits. I don't want them to suffer like I did as an overweight child. Some kids can be cruel. I am tired of being fat, so my journey starts now. I would love to make some friends that would not only hold me accountable, but also support me in this journey. My goal is to lose 125 lbs. Here we go!

Replies

• littleg352
    littleg352 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im here
  • littleg352
    littleg352 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :)
  • jls1mum
    jls1mum Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi jenny,
    This is my 2nd wk on mfp lets help each other
  • allush17
    allush17 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awww, you can do it.... U just need d right motivation, might seem tough at 1st but with time it gets easier.... I was an overweight kid myself but I could not gather the strength to do anything about it until 3months ago and I have lost 15kg so far already..
    U just need the right determination.....
    P s:changing ur eating habits alone with even subtle replacements works wonders even without intense work out.... I just dance.... mostly zumba.... it worked pretty well for me.... good luck.... and for ur twins u can teach them to love fruits and other replacements better... nothing too drastic tho.... subtly over time.... it takes 12weeks to learn a habit...give them 3months for a start
    I hope this is helpful
  • vanhook2003
    vanhook2003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I an starting my 2nd week on here and I love it. I am also using youtube to get stronger.
  • jreeck
    jreeck Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am very determined, but I am struggling with the pain. I have changed my eating habits dramatically, so we will see what happens. I get pool exercise a couple times a week, so that should help.
  • Tami_H
    Tami_H Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am 47 and pre-diabetic with hypertension but I am happy to say that my numbers are coming down with every lb. lost. I am down 22# and I am determined and committed to lose 20-40 more pounds. I also have a history of back problems but have gotten in front of that problem finally through physical therapy and exercise, getting rid of my old mattress helped with my back problems too. You could try yoga or Pilates to help with your back strengthening. It worked great for me.
  • JSDCrimson
    JSDCrimson Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Friend me! You can definitely do this!
  • bigbabi74
    bigbabi74 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You got this. We're here to help and support each other. I'm also over weight and I'm struggling to lose, but I want better so let's work together!!