Signed up for Spartan race and I'm not ready

Options
I need to lose weight and get stronger before Aug. ♡.

Replies

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I'd start working on grip strength, endurance, upper body strength and burpees asap!
  • GoodLittleEater
    GoodLittleEater Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ready or not, make wise choices! I saw a lot of terrible things happen during my Spartan. I do not want to scare you, but get as ready as you can and then be intelligent during the thing :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Concentrate on a specific plan to get fit for the event - losing weight and more general fitness will follow naturally. Make sure you can cover the distance of the race you're doing with a gradual build-up - walk/run it if you want. You can download a training plan here: http://info.spartan.com/30-day-training-plan/ Remember, if you've signed up to do it with friends and/or for charity, that will get you round. Good luck!
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Ready or not, make wise choices! I saw a lot of terrible things happen during my Spartan. I do not want to scare you, but get as ready as you can and then be intelligent during the thing :)

Yep, be smart. There are heaps of videos about techniques for the best ways to do the cargo nets, rope climbs etc. You can save energy and yourself from injury by being smart.
  • vanhook2003
    vanhook2003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. 12 of us d I'd the Warrior dash last month. Only 4 signed up so far for Spartan. Great advice alittle worried from whar GoodLittleEater wrote
  • BlueEyedScorpio
    BlueEyedScorpio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just did a Spartan race at the end of May. It was the hardest and most rewarding thing I've ever done! You can do it, just trust your body and your teammates to get you thru. And be careful! I did it backwards as now I am doing a Warrior Dash in a few weeks... Whoops! Hahaha

Good luck!