instant fluctuations in tummy size n collar bones

Options
Hi all. M really pissed off of sudden fluctuations on my tummy size. I have lost good weight n m not an over weight heavy person anymore. Usually my tummy is intact n not flabby but whence I eat something in medium or small potions also, my tummy pops out. I wonder how easily n why it hppens.? It should not happen .. also I have seen girls on TV n celebrities how come their tummies never gets effected a bit. They always have flat tummies . M following a healthy n correct diet n I exercise also. Walk daily. But still my tummy gets effected easily. Also my collar bones. Sometimes they appear clearly n sometimes no trace of them. Is this a normal thing? Any remedies?
Please no leg pulling, hilarious, demotivatimg n rude replies.
M seriously looking for a good answer. :-(

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    you tummy pops out due to food in it.

collar bones due to lighting.
  • shikhakaushal89
    shikhakaushal89 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

Is it normal?? And lighting?? I didn't get that.. I have seen people with consistent appearance of collar bones.but why not with me
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    My collar bones pop out depending on how I'm holding my shoulders. Curl shoulders in = collar bones with deep groove. Shoulders back = no collar bones.

Stomach sticking out probably because of food and a little bloating.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

Is it normal?? And lighting?? I didn't get that.. I have seen people with consistent appearance of collar bones.but why not with me

Yes it's normal.

consistent appearance of collar bones could be due to a lot of things...shading with makeup...and who do you see with that? pics in a magazine? models on TV? or normal people.

Lighting means how the light hits you.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    So, it's called bloating. It can be made worse by certain foods if you have a sensitivity/allergy to them (like gluten or dairy) or by eating a lot of sodium. Honestly, though, eat anything and your stomach will look a bit different; where exactly do you think the food goes...? The average person puts on 3-5lbs during the day from food, water, waste etc. And all of that tends to happen in the belly area.

Collarbones, likely lighting based. As in, you see them sometimes when the light is overhead, but not necessarily with natural (sunshine) lighting or so on.

Also, neither of these are really things to look like you're potentially having a minor melt down over, which I'm forced to assume you are because your spelling and grammar are atrocious there, and I'm really attempting to give you the benefit of the doubt that you really are 25 and understand basic bodily functions.
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    So, it's called bloating. It can be made worse by certain foods if you have a sensitivity/allergy to them (like gluten or dairy) or by eating a lot of sodium. Honestly, though, eat anything and your stomach will look a bit different; where exactly do you think the food goes...? The average person puts on 3-5lbs during the day from food, water, waste etc. And all of that tends to happen in the belly area.

Collarbones, likely lighting based. As in, you see them sometimes when the light is overhead, but not necessarily with natural (sunshine) lighting or so on.

Also, neither of these are really things to look like you're potentially having a minor melt down over, which I'm forced to assume you are because your spelling and grammar are atrocious there, and I'm really attempting to give you the benefit of the doubt that you really are 25 and understand basic bodily functions.

I was thinking the same thing.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

Yes, it's normal that your stomach expands when food is in it, just like a balloon will expand when you add water. That is why most people look their best in the morning before food. The whole collar thing is due to lighting and genetics. Some people just lose weight around that area. It's all about genetics. You can't beat it.
  • shikhakaushal89
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    My collar bones pop out depending on how I'm holding my shoulders. Curl shoulders in = collar bones with deep groove. Shoulders back = no collar bones.

Yup..that's true...depends on posture a lot. But some people , no matter how they stand or sit..their collar bones appear in same way.. may be one needs to be too thin for that.. any remedies for tummy to get back to shape intact ...after meals ??
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options

Yup..that's true...depends on posture a lot. But some people , no matter how they stand or sit..their collar bones appear in same way.. may be one needs to be too thin for that.. any remedies for tummy to get back to shape intact ...after meals ??

Drink water and develop realistic expectations.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Options

Digestion. You just have to let it happen. And the collar bone thing is genetics as I stated above.
  • moglovesshoez
    moglovesshoez Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    These things would have happened when you were bigger, but would have been less noticeable........
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Do you see TV celebs when they're at home on the couch after a meal? Nope. They have lots of people who get paid to make sure they don't look bloated. Basing how you want to look all day every day on the way they look when you see them on TV is a recipe for nothing but misery.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    how old are you OP?
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    <<<currently has tummy bloat due to breakfast smoothie.
  • shikhakaushal89
    Options

Perhaps I made it clear.. no rude comments . But you skipped it I guess. And you are talking in your mother tongue. English is not my mother tongue. Please don't humiliate someone because of their language or grammatical errors. The only point is the message should be clear. M 25 yes. Any doubt ? Judging my whole personality and everything on basis of how I put my query here with some grammatical errors...??
    Anyways thanks for your valuable reply. If u think the person putting query is not rational enough please ignore but do no try to be judgemental. And as far as I know. This app is to maintain fitness , they didn't put any condition that a person should be excellent in English n grammer before joining this app.
    Thanks
  • shikhakaushal89
    Options

Perhaps I made it clear.. no rude comments . But you skipped it I guess. And you are talking in your mother tongue. English is not my mother tongue. Please don't humiliate someone because of their language or grammatical errors. The only point is the message should be clear. M 25 yes. Any doubt ? Judging my whole personality and everything on basis of how I put my query here with some grammatical errors...??
    Anyways thanks for your valuable reply. If u think the person putting query is not rational enough please ignore but do no try to be judgemental. And as far as I know. This app is to maintain fitness , they didn't put any condition that a person should be excellent in English n grammer before joining this app.
    Thanks
    how old are you OP?

I am 25 dear
  • shikhakaushal89
    Options
    Do you see TV celebs when they're at home on the couch after a meal? Nope. They have lots of people who get paid to make sure they don't look bloated. Basing how you want to look all day every day on the way they look when you see them on TV is a recipe for nothing but misery.

Yes correct..I understand one cannot completely compare onself with those celebrities. But that's just one example I gave to clarify my point. I have seen non celebrities too who are perfect . That's why going through this dilemma ... thanks for your valuable reply :-)
  • shikhakaushal89
    Options
    <<<currently has tummy bloat due to breakfast smoothie.

Awwwww
  • shikhakaushal89
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

Yes, it's normal that your stomach expands when food is in it, just like a balloon will expand when you add water. That is why most people look their best in the morning before food. The whole collar thing is due to lighting and genetics. Some people just lose weight around that area. It's all about genetics. You can't beat it.

I guess you are right. That collar bone thing seems to be genetical .
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options

My collar bones are always on display. I carry very little of my fat on my shoulders and arms. It is genetic. It is not a sign of health or fitness and not really something that you can diet or exercise you way to. Also, people in the media (on tv, movies, magazines) are supposed to look better than they do normally, that is their job. Actresses on the red carpet probably don't eat before hand so that they look perfect in their dresses. This isn't something to aspire to. Bodies change over the course of the day, that's good it means that we are adaptable.
This discussion has been closed.