Your strangest NSV's...?

Options

Replies

• jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options

IMG_0122.jpg

A) You look really hot! And B) where did you get that belt? I want one!! LOL
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's a NSV but it definitely surprised me. I was laying in bed and was rubbing my hand down my chest due to some sore muscles and felt this lump. Instantly I was scared. I had hubby rub his hand so he could feel it. He says "ummm honey, that's your breast bone!" :laugh: I've never felt it before!

OMG This made me laugh SO hard! That's a great one!
  • kittybitz79
    kittybitz79 Posts: 213
    Options
    Don't laugh. But my strangest NSV moment was when I looked down and my stomach didn't stick out more then by chest.
  • isabelk
    isabelk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm going backwards in time. Like, I am a time traveler. I look like I did when I was younger, I feel like I did when I was younger, and I want to do the things I did when I was younger like dance around my living room and shave my legs. My husband, who is on MFP with me, looks like a college kid these days. We're wearing clothes we wore when we met in college. I keep looking for my Tardis and I'm thinking of carrying a screwdriver in my pocket.
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Don't laugh. But my strangest NSV moment was when I looked down and my stomach didn't stick out more then by chest.

That was probably my best moment in this whole weight loss business, I totally understand where you're coming from!
  • mfullerton5868
    Options
    I like to say it's the little things in life that matter the most...

For me, I was able to throw on a t-shirt that used to be fitted across my stomach - not tight, just not loose either. Yesterday, it was loose & didn't hug me at all.

And, the best part is that I am smaller than I have been since I had my son 20 months ago.
  • amygelfand
    amygelfand Posts: 1
    Options
    Today I made an impulse purchase at the supermarket: an apple. I didn't even walk through the chip and cookie aisles.

It's nice to go shopping and not feel overwhelmed and discouraged by all the things I can't (or shouldn't) have because I'm so focused on what I can have (and want).

I still love my junk food , but it's mostly a fond memory.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    A) You look really hot! And B) where did you get that belt? I want one!! LOL

I got the belt sometime around 1990 or so. :blushing: During my glam rock phase.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    One of my favourite NSVs has happened twice now: when my various doctors tell ME I've lost weight rather than the other way round.

And when my friends can't think why my eyes have grown (because there's less face surrounding them!).

Being able to enclose my wrist with my opposite hand and meet the fingers on the other side (I can do middle, ring and index finger now!!)

Recently I've had to wear extra layers round the house to keep warm, because I don't have so many in-built layers anymore :)
  • bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    I've been getting colder lately never thought it was because I'm losing my insulation lol. A nsv for me is being able to show my 6yr old that mummy can run and today I turned down pudding at my brothers 21st birthday meal.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Is hooking my bra straps on as tight as it can go and tightening tbe shoulder straps as far as they can tighten, can still fill the cups......but when I first bought it it was on the most give possible with out having to by bra extenders.
  • Danlol
    Danlol Posts: 32
    Options
    Not sure if it's a NSV but it definitely surprised me. I was laying in bed and was rubbing my hand down my chest due to some sore muscles and felt this lump. Instantly I was scared. I had hubby rub his hand so he could feel it. He says "ummm honey, that's your breast bone!" :laugh: I've never felt it before!

Hahaha! Last night I was in bed like "Feel this solid bit!" and kept making my OH feel my hip bone. Little things, eh? :bigsmile:

I know exactly how you guys feel. I was lying in bed this morning and for the first time in a long time i can see my ribs while lying on my back. I was pretty excited!!
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My weird NSV is the vet telling me that my dogs are at a healthy weight and fitting one into her harness again. I always feel bad when I get back from the gym feeling good and worked out and they've been sitting on the couch all day so we go for a two mile walk. My whole family is benefitting from healthier habits.
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options

That was probably my best moment in this whole weight loss business, I totally understand where you're coming from!

OMG, me too!

I've taken 3 bags of clothing to goodwill and I'm working on filling up another 3. Very proud of this.

My co-workers keep complimenting my hair, earrings, etc. because they can't figure out what's really changed. LOL

We were at the grocery store earlier, so I figured I'd buy a lottery ticket. The clerk (who I've seen many times) asked me if I was over 18... I'm 30.

My sweetie can completely get his arm around me and he hasn't been able to in years. (My favorite NSV.)
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Ok this to me is weird!! I have a small partial plate 3 teeth
    on the side of my mouth, it is to big keeps slipping :noway:
    this thing cost a grand :ohwell:
  • thomalr6180
    thomalr6180 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have also had two lately:

One of my superiors at work that I have known for over ten years was squinting looking at me. I asked her what was wrong. She said from the other end of the hall she couldn't figure out who I was. Then continued with how much I have lost.

Lately at work, I have a hard time sitting still because I feel every bone in my butt. I have had to take a pillow in to sit on.
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    These might not be weird but I took them for granted before:

My engagement ring and wedding band are now falling off my fingers.
    The tattoo in my ticker used to be covered a bit by my fat roll, lol, and I am proud to say that it is now perfectly visible!
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    That I can have the seat in the car up far enough to reach the pedal without hitting my chest against the steering wheel. And that I feel like the very fit person I was in my early 20's. I also feel very guilty if I take a rest day from exercise, even though I know I need at least 1 rest day a week with how hard I work out the other 6 days.
  • koukla702
    koukla702 Posts: 171
    Options
    Not weird per se - but my favorite Tiffany's necklace fitting like a necklace, not a choker!
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I have three - all of which may not seem weird to you but they are to me. First NSV was when I could get a beach-sized towel around me and tuck in the ends, and have it cover everything. I noticed that in the gym, when I got out of the shower!!

The second one was when a dear friend of mine, on being asked if he noticed any difference, said, "Um, well, I must say that the difference I notice is that your, er, chest seems to stand out more from your body...." (In other words, the under-bit had shrunk so the "girls" showed up a bit more! LOL!)

The third one is me, really. I find it fascinating that I can actually FEEL all my cheekbones when I wash my face. I know it's weird, but I hadn't felt them through the fat for so long that it really amazes me to feel them!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!