Replies

• Ceit3
    Ceit3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Ceit3 wrote: »
    Nope. All you need is a campfire!

Which region do you belong to?

Lol by caveman I mean foods you can either hunt or gather. I'm from Canada.

Depends on what part of Canada. Eastern seaboard peoples ate a lot of fish, berries, and nuts. Western plains peoples ate mostly meat with very little carbs. Northern peoples ate mostly fish and seals/walrus/whales. In Canada alone, you have high carb/low protein diet, high protein/low carb, and high fat/mid protein/and low carb. Which are you going for?

I live in land in BC. From what I've read the "caveman diet" or paleo diet is food you can hunt or gather like fruit, vegetables, nuts, meat, and nothing processed. So high in fat and protein and low carb.
  • Ceit3
    Ceit3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    WILMA FLINSTONE'S RIBS
    2/3 c. soy sauce
    2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
    1 tsp. onion powder
    1/4 tsp. dry mustard
    1 tbsp. liquid smoke
    1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
    1/2 tsp. garlic salt
    4 lbs. spareribs, cut into 2 rib portions
    Scallion & tomatoes for garnish
    In large roasting pan, combine first 8 ingredients. Add ribs, coating completely with marinade. Cover and chill 2 hours or overnight. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove ribs from pan, reserving marinade. Bake 2 hours with marinade. Makes 8 servings.

Thanks a bunch I will have to try this!
  • Jmorales9
    Jmorales9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked much into the Paleo requirements, but one of my summertime staples is
    "Ensalada de Atun"-- Tuna Salad (with a twist)
    6 cans of tuna (if your meat dept, has it you can buy it fresh)
    1 red bell pepper
    1 orange bell pepper
    1 yellow bell pepper
    2 tomatoes
    1 red onion
    lemons
    cilantro
    salt & pepper to taste - if you want it

Chop all the bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, and cilantro. Add tuna. Squeeze lemon juice. Salt and Pepper. Mix and eat :)
    It's super easy and delicious. It can be eaten as a dip. I like to snack on it with celery sticks instead of tortilla chips.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Jmorales9 wrote: »
    I haven't looked much into the Paleo requirements, but one of my summertime staples is
    1 red bell pepper
    1 orange bell pepper
    1 yellow bell pepper
    2 tomatoes
    1 red onion
    lemons
    cilantro

Chop all the bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, and cilantro. Add tuna. Squeeze lemon juice. Salt and Pepper. Mix and eat :)
    It's super easy and delicious. It can be eaten as a dip. I like to snack on it with celery sticks instead of tortilla chips.

pretty sure they did not have that during the Paleolithic period...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    What didnt they have back in the Paleolithic? All those are fish, fruit and veg. Im pretty sure they could fish for the fish and gather all the other ingredients. Think before you post ;)
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Jmorales9 wrote: »
    1 red bell pepper
    1 orange bell pepper
    1 yellow bell pepper
    2 tomatoes
    1 red onion
    lemons
    cilantro

pretty sure they did not have that during the Paleolithic period...

hmmm I don't think our paleolithich brethren were prepared ensalda de atun ..

if they could even find Tuna they probably ate it raw and not gutted…

and bell peppers would have only been available in certain regions, if they even existed at all 100,000 years ago ...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    There is no way you are eating like a caveman, nor should you. But the Paleo Diet is a hot fad right now so the internet is full of recipes. Just do a search.
  • smkincade
    smkincade Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    www.paleomg.com is an amazing blog I follow that always has new stuff. www.skinnytaste.com is also good, not strict paleo, but they have a paleo section.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Paleo diet is all about proper, clean, wholesome ingredients. And all those listed and exactly that. No need to try and overthink clean eating haha :)

Ohhhh and Im sure that "ensalda de atun" is a loose translation from GGRRRRUUNNNWMIWEMRIME as the paleolithic brothers called it lol

Then why is it named the paleo diet and not the clean wholesome diet??

I find it amusing that the new paleo talking points are well it's not really based on the Paleolithic era even though it's named after said era...
  • rhiannonfj
    rhiannonfj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi guys

I am a London-based paleo fan with a long history of struggles with emotional eating

I find that the best thing about paleo is that it stops all the spikes/lows in mood that you get from eating sugar, and it clears up the digestive issues many people encounter with gluten!! It makes me feel good, focused, I sleep well at night...

And for me, that change in mood helps me lose the weight as much as the calorie-cuttting does, becuase I don't feel like binge eating anymore when I feel sad or stressed.

As for recipes, well, I've just started my very own paleo blog! It focuses on paleo meals that don't cost too much money. There's also a post detailing my emotional eating problems. It's up to you whether you want to eat grass-fed / organic all the time. Yes, eating that way is pure paleo. But you have to be pretty rich to shell out on organic meat, 3 meals a day!! So I'm trying to find ways to help us all eat clean on a budget.

http://paleoonthecheap.wordpress.com

I have included some easy lunch/breakfast dinner ideas, and will put some more proper recipes up today!