Trouble getting enough protein

Options
I have been on MFP for about two months now and have been tweaking my food intake but I syill having trouble getting enough protein to meet my Maco goals. Any suggestions anybody.

Replies

• Xcsn
    Xcsn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and chicken
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Seeds, nuts, beans, fish, greek yogurt, egg whites.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Don't you have another identical thread?
  • TerryJackson61
    TerryJackson61 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I don't think I do unless it accidentally got posted twice, I hope not. Thanks for the response though..
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    chicken, fish, beef
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Soybeans, meat, dish, low-fat dairy...google for foods high in protein and then select ones that you like and try to work them into your diet.

I struggle with protein, too. Well, sometimes I struggle and sometimes I just let it beat me. :)
  • RunningaftertheTardis
    Options
    Have you tried finding a high quality protein powder and mixing with almond milk or coconut milk? I am terrible about getting enough protein. This is the easiest, most convenient way for me to hit my macros many days.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions anybody.

eat more protein
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    The search feature.

This question gets asked a billionelleventy times a week.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    stop eating foods high in fat, high in carbs..seriously. Incorporate meat into your diet. fish/chicken/eggs and whey protein..it's not that hard.
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Beyond noting sources of protein, I think you need to see what you have to replace with protein in your diet to remain close to your calorie target. If you are high on carbs then you will have to take some carb sources out of your diet and eat protein instead. That will require conscious effort in order to build new habits.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    How much protein is your goal?

Sometimes people think they need a very large amount. You just using the mfp goal?
  • TerryJackson61
    Options
    My calculations show that I need 164 g per day. Having trouble eating enough protein rich foods and staying in my calories. Thanks for the help. Just started to try protein powder this weekend.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I find lentils, some fish and Greek yogurt seem to have a good protein:calorie:quantity ratio.

• tannibal_lecter
    tannibal_lecter Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Eggs, fish, cottage cheese and Greek yogurt. Protein supplements too.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    My calculations show that I need 164 g per day. Having trouble eating enough protein rich foods and staying in my calories. Thanks for the help. Just started to try protein powder this weekend.
    Holy Moly. I couldn't eat that much protein in a day. No way.

I wish you luck! :)
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I just doubled down on my protein shake powder. Two scoops is 100 cal and 15g protein so now I do four scoops in one cup of almond milk. Being vegetarian, it's not as easy as "Eat more meat" and lactose intolerant means no to milk (though yogurt is often tolerable). Play around with it and see what is sustainable for you personally. I'd probably live off of protein shakes if I could get away with it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

What is your height and weight?
  • TerryJackson61
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

What is your height and weight?

Currently done to 195 and I am 5 foot and a half.