Losing weight in my 40's.

Options
2»

Replies

• lynnj1975
    lynnj1975 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Grrrrr 40 as well LOL! Weight is an issue 'cause it's so much easier to gain it than to lose it. Don't want to give up on myself, so starting over AGAIN. 60 to shed.
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    41, been on here a few years off and on. I know when I slip...I gain...so MFP keeps me on track. It's getting harder, for sure. The weight comes on SOOOO easily for me even at the slightest slip up.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    don't use your age as an excuse

your TDEE drops around 100 calories a day every decade from around 20-25 .. that's not huge .. that's slightly less than a medium banana

your TDEE drops because you are not as active and you don't have as much muscle mass

- easy solution: move more, follow a progressive resistance programme to preserve / build your muscle mass hence minimising any fall in TDEE

It's not harder as you get older, it's easier .. you've got more time, more confidence, more will to succeed .. and you know what else you have .. you have old age just around the corner (look how fast the last 40 years went)

personally, I plan to grow old kicking and screaming :bigsmile:

edited to add: Please note: you lose scale weight by eating at a calorie defecit

+1 to all this. Take responsibility and get to grips with it.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    40 here, 8kgs (17 pounds) down in 4 months, 10 more to go! (22 pounds)

I thought it would happen faster eating at 1200, but meh, I got over it.

• Reygne
    Reygne Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hi , I am 46 just started and am looking to drop 100 or so. would love to have some friends. fee free to add me.
  • cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    48 with 48 pounds to drop! Starting back today!