Anyone else nauseous in the morning?

Options
Good morning MFP. The last few weeks I have been horribly nauseous in the morning (no, it's not pregnancy *bite your tongue*), and I was wondering if it might be because of the long hours inbetween the time I eat my last meal, until breakfast. Sometimes it is 11 hours, sometimes it's 9. Some mornings it is so bad I have a hard time eating breakfast, and the feeling will last for a few hours. Has anyone else had this issue?

Replies

• Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I haven't been nauseous, but I felt faint this morning while trying to exercise. I usually exercise around 5 or 6 and this morning it wasn't until 8, so I didn't eat breakfast until after I exercised, I think it had to do with that.
    Do you eat before or after you exercise?
  • VSgirl2010
    VSgirl2010 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    are you sure you aren't pregnant? (don't hit me) LOL:smile:
  • ldholcombe
    ldholcombe Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have felt nauseous before in the mornings (I am not pregnant either). Its like I feel so hungry that I want to throw up. I found that if you drink water first then that helps, Or if you keep water by your bedside that can also help.
  • supersecretsquirrel1877
    Options
    I notice the more tired I am in the morning, the more upset my stomach is. I can't eat breakfast first thing in the morning at all. I have to wait about an hour sometimes two. Personally, for me, when it's my TOM, it gets alot worse, I sum it up to surging hormones then.
  • PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Options
    I swear I am not pregnant. I always eat before I exercise, at least an hour before. I can't workout without eating, I usually burn between 1100-1800 cals per workout so I could never do that on an empty stomach. When i first started doing crossfit training I would sip diluted apple juice to prevent vomiting, now that is gone. This morning I was feeling it again, forced myself to eat, and now I feel better. Maybe it's just acid from an empty stomach? Thanks for the ideas!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Good morning MFP. The last few weeks I have been horribly nauseous in the morning (no, it's not pregnancy *bite your tongue*), and I was wondering if it might be because of the long hours inbetween the time I eat my last meal, until breakfast. Sometimes it is 11 hours, sometimes it's 9. Some mornings it is so bad I have a hard time eating breakfast, and the feeling will last for a few hours. Has anyone else had this issue?

When I was a little kid, my parents did not believe in snacking and i frequently threw up first thing in the morning. Then they relented on the snacks. ;)

Try eating something after dinner and see if it helps. It probably will.
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this one out there to make sure we've covered all the bases: do you take a multi-vitamin in the morning at all? I had about a week of morning nausea before I figured out it was because I wasn't taking enough food with my multi-vitamin. Now I make sure to have it with a bigger meal.
  • PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies suggestions. I do take my vitamins with food, but i will try eating a snack before bed. Hopefully that will help. I appreciate all of the support & advice!
  • eliza7119
    eliza7119 Posts: 15
    Options
    yes!!!!!!! i thought it was only me!!!! maybe low carbs so the stomach empties faster???? really i do not know i have felt this way for awhile it makes you not even want to exercise if u find out why let me know!!!