I know it is such a newbie request...

tashajayne2011
tashajayne2011 Posts: 288
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
..But in my defense I am only on day 3 so I am a newbie :)

Would someone mind taking a quick look at my diary, I have filled in what I have planned today - does it look ok?

thanks x

Replies

• FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    You're diary looks fine....except you need some water! I usually have about 10 cups (sometimes more) and it really helps fill me up xx
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Looks great - you could maybe add some more greens to your lunch. Over time you may want to cut out those Alpen Bars - for me they were a great substitute to chocolate but after a while they just became a huge waste of calories for me. Grab some fruit instead!
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Also enable 'sugar' on your food diary - it's almost as important as calories for some people
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Water and exercise is missing... Do you like yogurt and blueberries??
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    All good suggestions! Definitely more water and green veggies (spinach, kale, mange tout, etc). I also like to keep track of my fiber!
  • Tarah40
    Tarah40 Posts: 75 Member
    I think it looks good. Get going on the water though. It's hard to drink 8 glasses at first if you're not used to it (you need the loo constantly)but that soon calms down as your body adjusts and It really does help with the weight loss.
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    looks great. Also u need to track sodium in ur diary. Too much sodium in ur diet and ur body holds on to water weight, now i know u dont want that now do u!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Yep - agree with all comments above..... also remember that if you are going to exercise - burn more than 200 - 300 calories you need to eat back some of those calories as well...

Green vegetables gives you nice bulk - and fibre - which is good for the digestive track - and takes calories to burn - all good stuff!!

My food diary is open - have a look for ideas if you want to :-)
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    That looks better than I eat most of the time. I'm a fast food and caffeine junkie atm, Although I've still lost nearly two stone. Personally, I don't log water very often, but I concentrate mostly on calories. Exercise is also a good idea, but not essential for weight loss. It just speeds it up a little, as long as you don't go into a major calorie deficit, and tones your muscles so you look better once you've lost the weight,

Oh, and welcome to MFP.
  • Thanks for all of your replies. I have just opened the tracking on my sodium and sugar and I think I might be in a state of shock!!!!

I have also added 50g of spinach to both of my meals today and am sat here looking at my pint of water which I will be glugging momentarily!
  • I am a newbie too but what I am seeing is great! Keeping track is such a wonderful way to see what you are consuming on a daily basis. I found I was eating wayyyy too much sugar so keep that in check. I still go over, so every day I work hard to try and limit the things that are high for me like sugar and some fats.

Good luck on your journey!! We're all right here with you!! :heart:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    I love pop too but you should try to limit it as an occasional treat! I also see that your snacks are more empty calories - if you substituted cut up veggies with a small amount of dip, a piece of fruit, or a square of chocolate instead of pop and chips, you might see an improvement in yourself!
This discussion has been closed.