Any chronic pain patients out there?

Options
Hi! I'm a chronic pain patient and i'm trying to loose weight and stay on track. Are there any spoonies or endo sisters out there doing the same?

Replies

• bmecham971
    bmecham971 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a chronic pain patient maybe we can share ideas
  • chessie77
    chessie77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • wcope0412
    wcope0412 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey yall!! I do have chronic pain but it from a wreck and a busted knee.. Don't know if that is what exactly yall are talking about but feel free to add!! And welcome!!!
  • Acacia2India
    Acacia2India Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a spoonie! I'm still trying to get my pain under control so activity has taken a back seat to my daily life (family, home, etc) but I find a great deal of support on tumblr :)
  • dovedavis
    dovedavis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have Fibromyalgia and wide spread pain, and now finding some arthritis in my hips, making even walking difficult. Friends are helping walk my dog.
    May I join your group?
  • allisonnichols1
    allisonnichols1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have Fibromyalgia including exhaustion, widespread pain, arthritis in my ankles, knees, and back. In 2012 I made the choice to have my right ankle fused and I'm not certain that was the best choice. Most recently, I've started having problems with my left knee and have received steroid shots to help with that pain. Needless to say, exercise is a challenge, although when I do I feel better.
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Spoonie here- have had the same migraine without relief for 15 months now. Movement increases the pain, and I black out and fall about 3x per week from pain. Collapsed in the shower just yesterday, and have a goose-egg over my right eyebrow.

Because of the pain, exercise is really, really difficult, but I've put my Fitbit on and will do my best, even if it's just slow steps.
  • wynonatami
    wynonatami Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a mystery illness they just want to throw narcotics at been unable to work for three years
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Yep. Got a rare genetic muscular disorder.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Yup. Crohn's disease and endometriosis
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hi! I know this is an older topic but I have a rare congenital carpal fusion, hypermobility type Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, headaches, and am being tested for fibro and early onset arthritis (I'm 24).
  • DSFfit
    DSFfit Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have started having a lot of pain and I am in process of a diagnosis. I suspect RA. Im still waiting to get an appointment. Ive been ignoring the pain and was thinking its just my workouts are too intense but I scaled back a lot and still get severe all over pain even with light walking. I am looking friends for support in maintaining fitness while dealing with this sort of issue.
  • vadimknobel
    vadimknobel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    what is a "spoonie"?
  • DontJustWishForItWorkForIt
    Options
    Fibro warrior here and lupus that's now doormat at the moment. So glad you posted this! I'd love some friends on my page that understand what I go through daily. We can gently motivate each other and even better yet support each other when things get rough. I sent you a friend request!:)
  • chessie77
    chessie77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A person who suffers from chronic pain or chronic Illness
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've got pain in my ankle that limits my mobility and exercise options and less frequent pain in my wrist (it's flaring up now for the first time in several months) that limits the pressure I can put on my hand and how much I can carry.

I'm doing my best to work around them. I'd be happy to add anyone on this thread so we can encourage one another.
  • kiwieats
    kiwieats Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Under diagnosis for my pain. Also type 1 diabetic, autoimmune liver and underactive thyroid. Feel like I fit into spoonie bracket but let me know if it's otherwise. Feel free to add me
  • Acacia2India
    Acacia2India Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started a group called Spoonies Unite for anyone who would like to join :)
  • asheeler2015
    asheeler2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Angela and I suffer from chronic pain I had surgery two years ago and I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and suffer all the time. Maybe we can work together.
  • asheeler2015
    asheeler2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Angela and I suffer from chronic pain I had surgery two years ago and I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and suffer all the time. Maybe we can work together.