Lose my belly fat but keep my booty

Options
I so want to get Reed of my little belly but keep my nice booty. I am 5ft 7" 158lbs. I love my weight but hate the tiny gut I have. How can I keep my booty but Lose my stomach. Please help!!!

Replies

• wideturn
    wideturn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    *subbing to hear replies!!
  • m13a
    m13a Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Same! Gosh. I get so torn up about losing weight because I want to get rid of the belly but love how other parts of my body look at this weight. I see people talk about things to do at the gym, like weight training, but money doesn't allow for a gym membership. So jealous of women with more naturally curvaceous bodies.
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't pick and choose where you'll lose the weight. I wish we could but we can't. Just keep eating right and and make your priority getting fit and healthy. After getting to your goal weight, you could buy clothes to complement your "assets". :blush:
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. However, you can build up your glutes from resistance/weight and even body weight exercises, which will help keep its roundness. Just do a butt load of squats! :D
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    You cannot choose where the fat comes off unless you remove it by drastic measures like liposuction.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you can't exactly spot reduce.

You can try a body re-comp program and start lifting but that's really all you can do.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    acorsaut89 wrote: »

You can try a body re-comp program and start lifting but that's really all you can do.

This. And a great glute-centric program is strong curves. Check out the author's website; he has a fair amount of info and workouts for free, but the actual strong curves program is a book.
    http://bretcontreras.com/
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Lift weights
    Eat well. "abs are made in the kitchen" is so true.
  • cchasity94
    cchasity94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!! I'm going to post that on my refrigerator Lol!
  • cchasity94
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

This. And a great glute-centric program is strong curves. Check out the author's website; he has a fair amount of info and workouts for free, but the actual strong curves program is a book.
    auddii wrote: »

• cchasity94
    Options
    Thanks everyone this has been really helpful!!!
  • FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If you want to get rid of your "pouch" then you need to clean up your diet. B/F drops on the entire body, which means the booty will see a slight drop. However, if you lift and incorporate more glutes/hams/quads youll keep/lift your booty and make your abs more visual once B/F has dropped. :) good luck