Calling all who are fat and confident!

Options
Okay so I'm 197lbs and 5'1.
I want to lose 70-80 pounds.
But I also want to be confident at ANY size. And want to be able to share that confidence.

Any tips?

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    The best I can suggest is a) do everything that skinny people do and don't use your weight as an excuse not to (unless it's going to hurt you) and b) don't be in clothing size denial. If you're a size 22 or 24, don't buy a size 16. It's uncomfortable and it looks bad.

That's all I have.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I will never be confident at this size! Sad huh? Good thing in working on it!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Okay so I'm 197lbs and 5'1.
    I want to lose 70-80 pounds.
    But I also want to be confident at ANY size. And want to be able to share that confidence.

Any tips?

Lift weights!!

There is something that just feels really hard core about being able to lift heavy stuff. I'm 5'2" tall, currently 187lbs (after losing 41 lbs). ..I can squat 245lbs and deadlift 210lbs. It's given me awesome legs, a nicer booty...and gained me the respect of several big bodybuilders at my gym. People stare at me, but I don't mind--I wouldn't expect to see someone like me lifting the way I do either.

• MsWendyDarling
    MsWendyDarling Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I lost about 16 lbs in 2 months (went from 203 to 187) by calorie counting, walking on the treadmill, and Zumba. I drank more water, too. I didn't deprive myself of food I wanted, I just tried to make better choices. I did have set backs, but I learned from them and kept going. When I started, I didn't have a goal weight, just the date to finish by. I had the mindset of, "Whatever I lose by Dec. 1st (I started on Oct. 1st) will be a success!" I also spent a lot of time on Pinterest and here on Community for inspiration and motivation! Now I'm working back out with a new goal and the same method. So essentially: eat less/better and move more! (Sorry I know this is long, this is what helped me.)
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Wear the clothes and makeup you want to wear now - don't wait until you get skinny. Self-care routines help a lot. When I'm feeling down, I do my nails and/or give myself a special skin treatment, like a mask.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Well, I won't say that I am confident ALL the time, but mostly!

Being a dancer helps. I inhabit my body completely and move with confidence even though I am a really large/tall person with a very imperfect body.

I agree that weightlifting is a good idea. Being strong and capable are great things! I love being able to do things that other women can't...and being able to lift more than the macho bros at the gym. :)
  • vedra_b
    vedra_b Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    So I let my weight make me feel very less than.. I have always been very confident (I once had a friend who would tell me.. there is no conceit in your family you have it all) lol I loved who I was. Then a spiral of things happen and I became super depressed I barely got up and dressed for work. Then about 3 months ago something inside me yelled LET ME OUT!!!! It was the old me not sure where she went but she came back with a vengeance. I lost 20 pounds (still have 70 to go) I died my hair a kick *kitten* red. I remembered all the things I loved about myself, and reminded myself the things I don't like I control so I can either change them or accept that they are apart of me. This last 3 months as been amazing there are some days I fall into the self loathing and then I look in the mirror and say I AM THE ONLY ONE who can make myself ok I AM IN CHARGE!

You can do this life is short embrace all that your love about your self somedays you may one find one others you wont stop counting. but hold on to that and change what you can and accept what you cant. Great luck to you and friend me if you like.