Body rock TV to tone up?

Options
Hi everyone! I have lost about 60 pounds doing 30 minute circuit training DVDs at home clean eating and portion control. It's summer now, I grew impatient with 30 minutes and bored of clean eating. I gained about 4 pounds back which isn't a lot I know but I have yoyo'd in the past so I am trying to stay on track. Having a hard time with maintenance because as I stated above I grow bored with working out a lot. And I like to have treats here and there. My eating is more like 60/40 than 80/20 lol. Anyway, I love the short body rock workouts and I run about 2 times a week 2.5 miles. Think I can lose the 4 pounds? Any suggestions? Thank you!

Replies

• mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have lost about 60 pounds doing 30 minute circuit training DVDs at home clean eating and portion control. It's summer now, I grew impatient with 30 minutes and bored of clean eating. I gained about 4 pounds back which isn't a lot I know but I have yoyo'd in the past so I am trying to stay on track. Having a hard time with maintenance because as I stated above I grow bored with working out a lot. And I like to have treats here and there. My eating is more like 60/40 than 80/20 lol. Anyway, I love the short body rock workouts and I run about 2 times a week 2.5 miles. Think I can lose the 4 pounds? Any suggestions? Thank you!

If interested, many here are very successful without the "clean" approach. They can help, if you want, based on your liking to have treats here and there :) . Also, working out is not essential for maintenance, though it is good for your health. 4 pounds could be as simple as a normal weight fluctuation, or just tightening up your logging.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    What matters for weight loss is the calories in the food you eat, not if it's "clean", which has no definition anyway.

Eat less than you burn and you will lose weight.
  • Stephiestephs
    Stephiestephs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will log everyday for a few weeks and see how it goes. Dusted off my scale this is serious lol.
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    Anyone use body rock in here to lose weight?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    CICO is the important part of what you've been doing.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I used to do (like 10% of) Zuzana's old workouts but I checked out bodyrock recently and it was super commercial and didn't seem as good. You might want to browse Youtube for some different workout options.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Zuzana is now at Zuzanalight.com, and her stuff is way better than the new bodyrock. But it's HARD. I'm hoping to be up to it in a year or so.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Oh, if you've been doing fairly intense circuit training already, then YES, I would totally recommend Zuzana's stuff. She's amazing. Also, you can try out fitnessrum.com for 2 3-month programs followed by a 1-month challenge. Fitnessrum is free. And Rumi's workouts are 20-40 minutes, I think almost always 30 or less.

But you can't outrun your fork!
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    What is cico
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    What is cico

Calories in vs Calories out
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    Oh, if you've been doing fairly intense circuit training already, then YES, I would totally recommend Zuzana's stuff. She's amazing. Also, you can try out fitnessrum.com for 2 3-month programs followed by a 1-month challenge. Fitnessrum is free. And Rumi's workouts are 20-40 minutes, I think almost always 30 or less.

But you can't outrun your fork!

I just get confused with zuska she has a monthly charge for joining her gym I have to go back and look thru her site
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    I am hardcore following my fitness pal. I went over in fat yesterday but not calories. I have to get a little better
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    What is cico

Oh I see! Could you look at my diary for yesterday and today. I always worry that its not as simple and cico.
  • OakleyMatt
    OakleyMatt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I could lose weight just watching the Body Rock channel. B)
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    What is cico

Oh I see! Could you look at my diary for yesterday and today. I always worry that its not as simple and cico.

It is that simple. Are you using a food scale to measure your foods?

A quick glance at your diary yesterday tells me no (lots of cups/tablespoons/pieces/slices)- you most likely consumed more than 1312 calories.
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    What is cico

It is that simple. Are you using a food scale to measure your foods?

A quick glance at your diary yesterday tells me no (lots of cups/tablespoons/pieces/slices)- you most likely consumed more than 1312 calories.

Thank you I know that is a problem, I have gotten better at weighing but need to be even better than that