I hate the way my body looks, yet can't stop poisonig my body with crappy food !!!!

Options

Replies

• Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Heh...willpower you plan for too lol. Very over-rated is willpower.
  • bertiebeetle1980
    bertiebeetle1980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Who does the grocery shopping in your house? Can it be you (so as to stock the house with better options only)?
  • bertiebeetle1980
    Options
    I find, if I eat the food I have planned and prepared - then I don't get tempted. Eat your healthy food BEFORE you get hungry and make bad choices. I time my eating by the clock rather than hunger, so I am never hungry or too full. It's the best secret I've found.
  • bertiebeetle1980
    Options
    I have soda water with cut up strawberries and mint in it. It's pretty good.
  • CynnamonSweets
    CynnamonSweets Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have soda water with cut up strawberries and mint in it. It's pretty good.

Definitely will try! Thanks
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

This does not have to be all or nothing.
    If breakfast gets out of hand, eat the good lunch you planned and get back to your good day.
    Do this without much emotion.
    Follow your plan as best you can and then follow the plan for the next meal and the next day. :)
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    JanetMMcC wrote: »
    Another MFP'er passed on this bit of wisdom: If you had a dozen eggs and dropped one on the floor, would you throw down the whole dozen? Nope. You'd take out the number you needed and put the rest back in the fridge. Similarly, one mistake doesn't wreck the day or week. You just start where you are and go on. :)

Speaking of eggs, I recently made a fake egg experiment that I'll probably refine on, likely with more veg and more seasoning. Had a half-cup of chopped onion and a plate with a high, sloping rim. Sprayed plate with Pam. Spread onions out on it. Microwaved onions about 90 seconds, mixed them around, added maybe 1/2 to 1 Tbs minced garlic and 1/4 tsp of Greek seasoning, or maybe it was Italian, waved another 90 seconds. (would have done better to add the seasonings at the start.) Added 12 Tbs of egg substitute. Waved em for another couple-few minutes, cut it into fourths, flipped them, microwaved for another minute or two. This morning, waved one of those quarters for about 90 seconds while toasting half of an Orowheat double-fiber English muffin. Spread muffin with 1 tsp of I Can't Believe &c, folded the egg on top. 133 calories. Coulda added a one-ounce slice of cheese and I'd still have been within 250 calories. Or wave the egg with one Tbs of shredded cheddar for 37 cal and a slice of Canadian bacon for 43, and you've got an open-faced McMuffin for 203 calories.
    The egg done that way winds up extending past the English muffin, but it struck me as an easy way to get 4 servings done at once.

What about diet soda? Or flavored fizzy water?

Thanks that is so true! Thank you for passing it forward. As for the diet soda or fizzy flavored water, they have aspartame, of you thought sugar was bad, this sugar substitute is worse. It causes diabetes and messes your body up in so many different ways. I know I know. So does the stuff in normal soda pop. I have just got to straight out limit myself on it at least if I can't cut it out of my life. Thanks

No, it's not. That is nonsense, and as long as you indulge in nonsense and thinking your food has magical properties, you WILL fail. Only really extreme people eat only "clean"--and they generally pretty thoroughly damage their relationships with normal people when they do this, too. Most others mess up then think that they're doomed themselves.

It's not true. The ONLY thing that people who lose weight do is eat less than they burn. That's it. For weight loss, nothing else matters. You can lose weight on Twinkies.

For your general health, you need enough of certain micro and macro nutrients. Beyond "enough," you can eat WHATEVER YOU PLEASE within the limits of your calories.

Don't get caught up in believing that foods have moral qualities. They don't.
  • Laurenjenai
    Laurenjenai Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yeah limiting yourself is not easy, very hard, if you don't dedicate yourself to moderation, and takes a lot of determination, but once you get that all of that under control, and start weaning yourself from the junk, you will stop craving as bad. There comes a point where you have to say enough is enough.
  • tsalagi82
    tsalagi82 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants#latest

Best link on here. Lots of reading but invaluable.

I will tell you one thing I have learned is you do not have to eat "healthy" to lose weight. You just have to eat less. Every time I started a "diet" I would do the same as you...start out with a healthy shake and feel hungry and deprived by lunch. You don't have to do that. Learn how to log your calories accurately, and find a modest calorie deficit. Eat what you want but stay in that deficit and remember you get to start over again tomorrow. Small changes over time. You cannot giving up everything you enjoy...it's a recipe for failure. Good luck..!!

So true!
  • Averell
    Averell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Diet soda will help at least that part! :)

no, it will not, it raises your insulin level and makes you crave for more food. No soda - period.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    The first thing you have to do is stop blaming others for "sabotaging" your diet, accept responsibility for your own well being and move forward from there.

What is this "healthy" shake you're drinking? Why not real food which will probably be far more satisfying and not make you feel deprived.

As others have pointed out, it's not what you eat it's how much (believe it or not you can lose weight eating nothing but Twinkies......not my idea of a good time but it's calories in, calories out).
    never did I blame anyone for "sabatoging" my diet. I take all responsibility.

Reread your post.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Averell wrote: »

no, it will not, it raises your insulin level and makes you crave for more food. No soda - period.

[edited by mod]

I'm 135lbs today. Down from 162lbs. I drink 6 diet sodas a day--MINIMUM. And I refuse to be hungry. If I'm hungry, I eat!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I then keep the day going with crappy food because in my head I'm thinking.....killed my day, might as well eat all my temptation away and start healthy again tomorrow.
    I don't get this at all.

• ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Something I consider important and helpful to my project is to learn to enjoy the food while you're eating it (no matter what it is you're eating): Take the time to nicely prep and really take the time to taste what you're eating. I find that when I eat in a hurry. or without attention, or without enjoyment, I end the meal or the day in a sour frame of mind, which might lead to defiant splurges out of my deficit. Associating meals with positive things like time for yourself and a good book; or time with friends and family goes a long way toward helping me keep a balance.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I then keep the day going with crappy food because in my head I'm thinking.....killed my day, might as well eat all my temptation away and start healthy again tomorrow.
    I don't get this at all.

Basically it means a fail on self control so you just do whatever and claim tomorrow will be different.
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    The first thing you have to do is stop blaming others for "sabotaging" your diet, accept responsibility for your own well being and move forward from there.

What is this "healthy" shake you're drinking? Why not real food which will probably be far more satisfying and not make you feel deprived.

As others have pointed out, it's not what you eat it's how much (believe it or not you can lose weight eating nothing but Twinkies......not my idea of a good time but it's calories in, calories out).

This "shake" i speak of consists of any fruits and veggies I find in my fridge. And never did I blame anyone for "sabatoging" my diet. I take all responsibility.

I would suggest getting an actual breakfast in that you need to chew. How about Greek yoghurt with fruit, or (scrambled) egg with veggies? It'll up the calories a little but i find that when I eat a good 300-400 calorie breakfast, I don't crave until lunchtime.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

This "shake" i speak of consists of any fruits and veggies I find in my fridge. And never did I blame anyone for "sabatoging" my diet. I take all responsibility.

I start most of my days off with a peanut butter and banana sandwich. To some that might not be healthy but it gives me a fruit...fat...protein...fiber...etc...etc. It is quick, easy and filling. If I drank some shake I would be starving before lunch.

When I feel ambitious I will sometimes have an egg and turkey bacon sandwich...maybe a touch of cheese on it.

I also always have things cooked in the refrigerator so that when it comes meal time I don't have to go looking for something to eat. The only time that I have trouble adhering to eating well is when I have to "search" for something to eat...then I am tempted to eat whatever I can get my hands on.

• allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Hey there
    A little about me, My heaviest weight was 295 lbs that was just a little over 4 months ago, I drank at least 12 cans a pops (on a slow day) Could eat half a large pizza to myself than down a family size bag of chips and a king size chocolate bar and a liter of chocolate milk that was just dinner. I would never eat in the mornings . My eating started about 2 pm and lasted to I went to sleep about 2 to 4 in the morning.
    I have tired so many times in the past to "diet" was always told by family that I would be so much prettier if I just lost weight, than they would bring me home fast foods and we had a drawer filled with chocolate bars and I could help myself when ever I wanted. We spent our summers at the cottage and lived off ice cream, burgers, hot dogs, chicken wings, pop, chips, marshmallows, etc.. Needles to say I have been overweight since about the age of 8.
    When I stepped on that scale a little over 4 months ago, something happened, it was like a big kick in the *kitten* and a light bulb went off in my head, that said CONNIE what the hell are you doing? WAKE up enough is enough. I turned to my husband (who is also overweight) and said no more I need to change that. I did a lot of reading that night because I did not want to go on a "diet" they do not work. I knew this had to be a lifestyle change. The next day I informed my husband that I will be doing the cooking and prepping the food for now on (we always shared the cooking) I told the family what I was doing and some of the foods in the house would be changing and I am going to start moving more. My husband has been great, he doesn't count his calories, but he eats what I make and he is really loving all the different fresh foods and meals. The kids are getting use to it, but if there is something they really really don't like, I won't make them eat it. I had to learn how to eat breakfast and than learn how to eat a healthy breakfast. I started with 3 meals a day and snacks in between, that was not working for me, so I changed it to 4 to 5 smaller meals/snacks a day and most days that works perfect for me. 4 and a half months later I am down 46 lbs. It is not an easy journey, I take it one day at a time, I still have my treats, my dairy is open feel free to have a look. I try to make sure I fit my treats into my daily calories and if I go over, I try to move more, go for a walk or do a short aerobics workout. Beach body mom on you tube is awesome. I will not pay someone for my weight loss and I will not ask any one to pay me for their weight loss. I do not believe in shakes, drinks, pills etc. for weight loss. I have rough days but I know what I want, so if I fall I pick myself back up and try again. You only fail if you give up and stop trying. Not sure if you have talked with your family, but maybe if you keep trying and they see how much you really want this than they will be more supportive. I wish you much success on your journey and remember this is your journey and you are worth it. Love yourself first and good things will come. All the best to you
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Averell wrote: »

That might be true for you. However I have not found that to be the case for myself. For the first time in my life I rarely ever crave any type of food. Yet I still drink 1 to 2 diet sodas a day.

The bolded statement in your post.

I truly can not understand how complete strangers on the net believe that they have the authority to even attempt to dictate what another should do. The choices that you make are entirely yours and should not be "the law" for others.
  • CynnamonSweets
    CynnamonSweets Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the motivation, tips and stories. I so needed it and trust me that now I am going into this s with all the confidence in the world. Thank you lots!