hot water with lemon?

Options
I have heard this is a good beverage to include in your daily regimen. I've read having one of these in the morning has health benefits but relating to weight loss: helps fight hunger pangs and because of the alkaline, weight loss is faster.
Anyone doing this?
Suggestions welcome.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with flavored water. No magical weight loss benefits though.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I seriously doubt it.
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with flavored water. No magical weight loss benefits though.

This :)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Oh how it soothes a sore throat... but that's about it. ;)

• khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I drink hot water with lemon sometimes, but really just because we have a lemon tree and I hate for them to go to waste. Lemon juice is not alkaline, btw - it's acidic. pH ~ 2. I doubt that would affect you seriously in any way - our stomach acid is also ~ pH 2. We have some pretty kickass buffering systems in our blood that let us eat a variety of pH foods without any danger. Source: I'm a biologist.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of body flushing recipes on the net they are all BS. Water flushes your body nice clean water the rest are just flavors or gimmicks to lead you to buy something
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Add some sugar and ice. Lemonade is awesome.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I don't like hot liquids and will not be trying this out, but it's exactly the kind of thing I love to do, just for the heck of it. Can't hurt, so why not?

If you want to drink it, drink it! Come back and let us know how you liked it.

Just don't burn yourself.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    This hot water with lemon thing has been floating around women's magazines as long as I've been alive. I have no idea if it helps in any way, because my guts couldn't take that on an empty stomach.
  • LiveLoveLift48
    LiveLoveLift48 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I drink this first thing in the morning and last thing before bed. I find it helps me with bloating and keeps my kidneys flushed by making me urinate more. Otherwise i put lemon in my cold water during the day for flavor and the same reasons as i mentioned above
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I started drinking lemon water (1/2 squeezed lemon with room temp tap water) in the morning before breakfast several months ago. No magic weight loss but it does often cleanse your system ;). I don't do it everyday but My friend swears by it. She drinks it with a dash of cayenne per recommendations from "food babe"
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    "cleanse your system"

"flush your kidneys"

How are you ladies measuring such illusive effects?

Lemon water tastes nice. That is all.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    bmchenry02 wrote: »
    I started drinking lemon water (1/2 squeezed lemon with room temp tap water) in the morning before breakfast several months ago. No magic weight loss but it does often cleanse your system ;). I don't do it everyday but My friend swears by it. She drinks it with a dash of cayenne per recommendations from "food babe"

The Food Babe? Lololollll. I would recommend not taking advice from that woman. :laugh:

An article I enjoy in reference to that.
    https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/vani-hari-a-k-a-the-food-babe-finally-responds-to-critics/
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I drink this first thing in the morning and last thing before bed. I find it helps me with bloating and keeps my kidneys flushed by making me urinate more. Otherwise i put lemon in my cold water during the day for flavor and the same reasons as i
    mentioned above

Plain water will do that. I go like every hour since I started drinking 2L/day to take the calories out of my hand-to-mouth habit.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    this will do nothing for weight loss or metabolism..

if you like it continue, but don't expect magical fat loss….
  • rubyandmani
    rubyandmani Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    my sister used it for a year and she did lost sone weight too. I do believe thar it quick start your metabolism.also it help in digestion specially carb, so rather carbs staying in your body, they been digested by lemon.
    but saying this , its nt a magical solution, it helps
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    my sister used it for a year and she did lost sone weight too. I do believe thar it quick start your metabolism.also it help in digestion specially carb, so rather carbs staying in your body, they been digested by lemon.

it does none of those things, sorry.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

It didn't quick start her metabolism. The only thing that would do that is probably a defibrillator.

overall..no. It didn't do any of that at all. You say it isn't a magic solution but it'd have to be in order to do what you think it does.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I'll drink it if there's also honey, tea, and some bourbon involved.