Waist Training

Options
Does waist training really help? I'm very happy with my current weight, but my stomach and waist are a disgrace. I've been working on eating better and getting more exercise. I just wondered if anyone has had success with waist training. :)

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Bilbo+No+gif.gif
  • rushbabe0214
    rushbabe0214 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    No, nothing permanent or helpful about waist training.
  • FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    if by "waist training" you mean go to the gym and bust your butt and do the same in the kitchen. Then, yup it works great :)
  • rushbabe0214
    rushbabe0214 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    if by "waist training" you mean go to the gym and bust your butt and do the same in the kitchen. Then, yup it works great :)

Ha! ^ This.
  • clcampbell1972
    clcampbell1972 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    im at my goal weight but not happy with my stomach. I started running to try and help with my stomach
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    First of all those suckers look HOT. Those waist training corsette's look very hot and very uncomfortable. I always worry when I see someone doing a very strenous work out in the heat with one of those things tightly wrapped around their waist. I have always been told that spot reduction is a myth and it really can't be done. You have to lose fat overall or you have to replace that fat with muscle. That is the only way to tone a specific area. We really can't chose where the fat stores are released even by using belts and corrsettes. If some inch loss does occur, I would think it was probably due to water loss. I am not a Doctor but just my honest opinion =0)
  • FitnessTrainer69
    Options
    Guys n Galz, I've been seriously overweight at one point. Ive always wanted a good midsection and finally got it. Honestly, the way to get it is simple. it takes 3 things. A good weight lifting program that incorporates using abs, a good ab routine to strengthen yours abs, and a clean diet when your ready to see the work you've put in. If you don't do these 3 things then youll always have a pouch and or gut.
  • FitnessTrainer69
    Options
    running alone will not get rid of your stomach. it may overtime drop a small bit of B/F. but without actually developing your abs, running would be pointless. Unless you want to be a good runner :)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    For what it's worth....I have a flat stomach (after four kids) and I haven't done ab work since 2003. I lift, but don't do ab focused work. OP look into lifting to help you drop more fat but not lose more weight. I should start bookmarking some of the good threads here about this, search for "so you want a nice stomach" in the forum.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You have to pick up some weights or resistance train. Strapping a band around your waist isn't going to do shiznit.
  • Jennloella
    Options
    yeah, grab some spanx if it'll make you feel better, but corsets and waist training is crazy business.
  • FitnessTrainer69
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    For what it's worth....I have a flat stomach (after four kids) and I haven't done ab work since 2003. I lift, but don't do ab focused work. OP look into lifting to help you drop more fat but not lose more weight. I should start bookmarking some of the good threads here about this, search for "so you want a nice stomach" in the forum.

You lift, which incorporates/strengthens yours abs. This helps keep yours stomach tight/flat. For the Ab routine part, was only to build them up to be visible.

• Jennloella
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »

You lift, which incorporates/strengthens yours abs. This helps keep yours stomach tight/flat. For the Ab routine part, was only to build them up to be visible.

yup weights is where it's at. Wish I started sooner.
  • FitnessTrainer69
    Options
    lol, that's nasty
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Nope. Don't waste your time or money.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    serious waist training is bad for you because it squishes your insides around where they shouldn't be.

That said, I LOVE corsets. I own about 12. When I wear them as outerwear I tighten the corset just enough to feel like a nice body hug. I think they give a much smoother line than Spanx. I wore a corset under a satin opera gown and no lumps or bumps or seams were seen.

When wearing a corset for SO eyes only, tighten as much as you feel comfortable with (or uncomfortable with if that is your thing).

But I also want to look good without a corset so the flab has to go and the muscles show through. Even the most intense waist training corset will not make the flab look go away. That's where all the great advice that has already been mentioned comes into play. Direct link to So you want a nice stomach.

If you are considering a corset for fashion or fun, I suggest going steel boned over plastic. The plastic eventually gets a permanent bend and in my opinion at that point they are painful.
  • thingofstuff
    thingofstuff Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Avoid carbs and bloaty-making foods (everyone is different) and as has been mentioned already: strength train!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I wonder if OP is coming back