Cokes and dr peppers

Options
I stopped drinking any type of coke or dr peppers two days ago. Do any of you know another product to use to satisfy that urge?

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Diet coke or diet dr pepper.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You don't have to give up anything, just make them fit into your allowance. Personally, because I want food and don't want to drink my calories, I like seltzer water. It gives me the carbonation burn I so desire.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Nope! That's why they're so dang hard to quit! I was on and off pop so many, many times. There's nothing else like it, really.

You can try watered down juice, but that's going to have calories, too. If your goal is to move toward water, just do it and wait. It gets easier with time. One day you'll be glad you drink water.

Lots of people get those squirty things and squeeze them into the drink.
  • 9thwardchick
    9thwardchick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The cravings will eventually pass. Don't feed the beast. Drink more water. Try some sparkling water to take the edge off. Good luck.
  • madeleadele
    madeleadele Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you're not against diet sodas, I love sparkling ICE (and the subsequent generic brands of it). Also, there are flavored squirters (I've seen them from crystal light, dasani, countless others), and you could squirt it into seltzer water if you so desired.

If you're not looking to put artificially sweetened chemicals into your body, try seltzer water with some fruit in it for flavor! There are entire websites and instagram accounts dedicated to "detox water" and "fruit water" so look to Google for yummy combos (I love strawberry and lemon, or strawberry and mint).

I also treat myself to kombucha once in a while - good for you (some very low cal!), full of probiotics, and carbonated! A little pricey ($2-$5 dollars per bottle, depending on the brand) but worth it for me.
  • SharonBrobst
    SharonBrobst Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I gave up all soda years ago and don't miss them at all. Don't switch to diet....Diet is worse than regular soda people!

But a friend of mine drinks carbonated water instead of soda and says it helps her with the cravings.
  • elphie754
    Options
    I gave up all soda years ago and don't miss them at all. Don't switch to diet....Diet is worse than regular soda people!
    But a friend of mine drinks carbonated water instead of soda and says it helps her with the cravings.

source? Diet soda has been shown to be safe. No reason to fear monger.
  • DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I drink a diet soda (usually coke zero) in the morning for my caffeine fix, then water the rest of the day.
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Don't you know that diet soda is literally full of chemicals? I mean literally.

• raynasindy
    raynasindy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you. I do think I will try the flavored carbonated water. I love the feel of the carbonation in my mouth.

I also think breaking the habit of hand to mouth because of boredom is tough. I say to myself, "ok are you having real hunger pains or are you bored?"
  • elphie754
    Options
    zamphir66 wrote: »

Can't tell if you are serious or not....

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    raynasindy wrote: »
    Thanks to all of you. I do think I will try the flavored carbonated water. I love the feel of the carbonation in my mouth.

I also think breaking the habit of hand to mouth because of boredom is tough. I say to myself, "ok are you having real hunger pains or are you bored?"

I LOVE flavored sparkling water. It has just enough flavor and carbonation to hit that spot.

I drink diet soda for my soda fix now (generally 1 per day, maybe 2) but I know I'll be picking up some sparkling water in the near future.

~Lyssa
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options

You can't deny that it's full of Dihydrogen Monoxide. That stuff is deadly in large doses.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »

You can't deny that it's full of Dihydrogen Monoxide. That stuff is deadly in large doses.

Everyone who drinks it dies.

Seriously though I can't stand the taste of diet drinks. I agree with @9thwardchick. The cravings will pass. I only crave root beer once every month or so now and I can easily just say no to it. (Dominion makes the best root beer)
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options

Can't tell if you are serious or not....

not serious.

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with soda, diet or otherwise, in the proper context. Drinking a 2-liter a day of empty calories probably isn't the most productive way to lose weight, but a full-sugar soda now and then isn't going to hurt you. Same with diet. If you're serious about giving up soda, though, you might try water flavor enhancers like Mio. You can find them near the Kool-aid mixes. They come in little bottles and you just squirt it into your water to give it a subtle flavor. It's not a strong flavor like soda, because you don't use much, but it helps if you're not a water drinker.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

Please provide scientific evidence of your claim and state your source
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    When I really really want some Pepsi, I get a cup full of ice and 8 fluid ounces of Pepsi. That's only 100 calories worth. I then drink it slowly so that the ice is just about melted by the time I finish the glass.

This may not work if you don't like flat and/or watered down Pepsi but it's working for me.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I love Dr Pepper and Pepsi too. Sigh.

I drink carbonated water with lime now, or coffee with coconut cream. I just don't enjoy straight water much.
  • SharonBrobst
    SharonBrobst Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Like science always has it right?
    Regardless of what side you are on scientist can make numbers say what ever they want...

http://www.medicaldaily.com/diet-soda-vs-regular-soda-one-worse-you-other-308063

also read.... http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-drinks/soft-drinks-and-disease/