Lookig for encouragement

Options
hello I won't say my name but I'm 25 years old, i have pcos most woman will know what that is and i recently found out I'm a diabetic. I downloaded this app to help motivate me to keep track of what I'm eating and to help me lose weight my doctor advised me that if I lose majority of my weight there a possible chance of getting rid of the diabetes I have a problem trying to do it on my own and figuring out what's the right things to eat so my sugar won't keep going up anyone on here who is a diabetic please give me some advice thanks

Replies

• brittnihovious
    brittnihovious Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey , I'm Brit. I to have pcos, my sister and I both do. However it is hard to lose having this , but that makes us all the more stronger :) it is possible , my sister and I both have lost and started lifting !!! Not sure what you do to regulate your pcos but there's all kinds of methods that help. I started with kicking carbs out and eating high protein and vegetables.
    It is possible and you can accomplish everything you want.! If your just starting I recommend walking , walking is where I started. My sister's personnel trainer said don't lift weights until you've lost your first twenty !!! So you can really see the scale drop !!! Good luck to you add me if you need support !
  • airuhka2006
    airuhka2006 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Erika and I also have pcos, and also new to this weigh loss journey. I am looking for a lifestyle change, not a fad diet... My Dr told me to try a low carb diet.... I can't tell you how bad I want an order of French fries!! I actually downloaded this app and have been using it more than my Facebook app... I have found a lot of interesting people and so many successful ones that make me believe that I can do it too. Please feel free to add me, I bet we could do this together! :)