Tired of Being Fat

Options
Hello everyone. Just joined today. Been "dieting" for years and fall off the wagon pretty much every weekend and start right back up M-F. Feels like a never ending struggle and I'm going to be a bridesmaid in an Asian wedding and I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb. Need motivation, tips, anything that will help. I want to loose 40lbs by October 2016. Add me as a friend if you have any advice ;)

Replies

• WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    WrenTheCoffeeAddict Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place Jennifer, welcome!
  • jenniferfuentes162
    jenniferfuentes162 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! :)
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    Hey there, Jennifer!
    40 pounds in 14 months isn't bad at all! You've taken a great step in joining MFP.
    Haha, now all you have to do is use it!

One thing that helps, and yes I know it sounds silly...talk to yourself. I tell myself every day, "This is important to me." You don't have to believe it...just say it to the mirror. You'll believe it soon enough.
    When you fall off the wagon, get back on. (That old wagon comes around every morning about the time your alarm clock goes off.)

Log your food. I look at my daily calories like money. Do I want to spend it on this, or that? But your daily limit is important. And try to log in every day. Take pictures now, because you'll want to see your progress. 40 pounds in 14 months means about 3 pounds a month. That comes to a daily calorie deficit of about 350 calories below your maintenance level.

So, figure out what your daily level is (the amount you consume without adding or losing fat) and find a way to cut that number by 350. A 20-ounce soda is 280. A plain sausage biscuit from McDonald's is 440. So, I have the utmost faith that you can cut out 350 a day.

Best of luck!
    Brandon
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    welcome.
  • jenniferfuentes162
    Options
    Thank you Brandon!! I really appreciate the info and advice :) thank you as well moyer566
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can add me if you'd like. I'm aiming to lose 50lbs by August 2016 for a wedding as well. Mine :wink:
  • strongoverskinnyx
    strongoverskinnyx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Jennifer:)
    if you need any nutrition advice on how to burn fat faster and/or workout tips then i'm here to help!
  • jenniferfuentes162
    Options
    Thank you Strongoverskinnyx I appreciate it :)
  • Lindabellax
    Lindabellax Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    welcome. i wish you luck with your workouts.
  • jenniferfuentes162
    Options
    welcome. i wish you luck with your workouts.

• jenniferfuentes162
    Options
    Hey Jennifer:)
    if you need any nutrition advice on how to burn fat faster and/or workout tips then i'm here to help!
    Thank you!! I'm limited on what I can do daily because (1) I live an hour away from work and (2) been working 10 hour shifts M-F and I work in an office too lol. I do the stairs twice a day and I walk the parking lot on my lunch breaks for 30 minutes too. Any other advice??
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    One major thing in here I'm shocked nobody has mentioned... If you calorie count, weigh EVERYTHING you eat! No 'cup of grapes', weigh that sucker! No eyeballin' that measurement. It adds up really quickly! A user posted this video [below] in another thread, and I bookmarked it because I'm giving it out like candy. Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjKPIcI51lU
  • jenniferfuentes162
    Options
    Welcome! You can add me if you'd like. I'm aiming to lose 50lbs by August 2016 for a wedding as well. Mine :wink:
    Thank you!! And good luck to you as well. Congrats on the engagement ;)
  • jenniferfuentes162
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    welcome.

Thank you!!
  • jenniferfuentes162
    Options
    Hey there, Jennifer!
    40 pounds in 14 months isn't bad at all! You've taken a great step in joining MFP.
    Haha, now all you have to do is use it!

One thing that helps, and yes I know it sounds silly...talk to yourself. I tell myself every day, "This is important to me." You don't have to believe it...just say it to the mirror. You'll believe it soon enough.
    When you fall off the wagon, get back on. (That old wagon comes around every morning about the time your alarm clock goes off.)

Log your food. I look at my daily calories like money. Do I want to spend it on this, or that? But your daily limit is important. And try to log in every day. Take pictures now, because you'll want to see your progress. 40 pounds in 14 months means about 3 pounds a month. That comes to a daily calorie deficit of about 350 calories below your maintenance level.

So, figure out what your daily level is (the amount you consume without adding or losing fat) and find a way to cut that number by 350. A 20-ounce soda is 280. A plain sausage biscuit from McDonald's is 440. So, I have the utmost faith that you can cut out 350 a day.

Best of luck!
    Brandon
    thanks a bunch for the info Brandon. I appreciate it :)

• jenniferfuentes162
    Options
    You're in the right place Jennifer, welcome!
  • jenniferfuentes162
    Options
    PixelPuff wrote: »
    One major thing in here I'm shocked nobody has mentioned... If you calorie count, weigh EVERYTHING you eat! No 'cup of grapes', weigh that sucker! No eyeballin' that measurement. It adds up really quickly! A user posted this video [below] in another thread, and I bookmarked it because I'm giving it out like candy. Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjKPIcI51lU
    Awesome! Thank you for the info :#
  • javakitty
    javakitty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You have a realistic goal which is huge! Concentrate on improving your health. Avoid processed foods, white flour, all forms of sugar. Replace these with vegetables and fruit. Choose leaner proteins such as poultry, fish, and seafood. Use a moderate amount of healthy fats. You will meet your goals and feel so good!
  • jenniferfuentes162
    Options
    javakitty wrote: »
    You have a realistic goal which is huge! Concentrate on improving your health. Avoid processed foods, white flour, all forms of sugar. Replace these with vegetables and fruit. Choose leaner proteins such as poultry, fish, and seafood. Use a moderate amount of healthy fats. You will meet your goals and feel so good!
    Thank you!! Appreciate the advice :)
  • WheelingGirls
    WheelingGirls Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Try keto!! I lost over 40lbs doing it! (With refeeds)