Trying to Lose A LOT of Weight

Options
Ratfinks
Ratfinks Posts: 18 Member
edited July 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! This is my second attempt to lose a lot of weight. A week ago I went to the doctor and they weighed me. 384 lbs. After a good talk about my weight with my doctor, I have so much motivation to pick up a healthier lifestyle. I want to get healthy and shred those pounds! I'd like to find encouraging friends who are also trying to lose weight so we can motivate each other. Send me a friend request if you'd like!

By the way, my current goal is to lose 100 lbs. I definitely want to lose more than that, though, and plan to update my goals as I reach them.

Replies

• galabrielle98
    galabrielle98 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'll add you :heart:
  • WheelingGirls
    WheelingGirls Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Try keto!! I lost over 40lbs doing it! (With refeeds)
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I started the year at 300lbs and I'm down to 270 and my goal is 180. When you have a lot of weight to lose the best thing you can do for yourself is stay motivated and understand that this definitely isn't and overnight process.
  • Millymollymandi
    Millymollymandi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Added you :)
  • CyZZ1989
    CyZZ1989 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good on you for taking this first step! It certainly is tough going at first but you can do it! I would suggest focusing first on maintaining a caloric deficit, second on your macronutrient ratio, and third on your exercise -- start slow, the soreness can be very discouraging if you hit it to hard to quickly!
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Try keto!! I lost over 40lbs doing it! (With refeeds)

You lost over 40lbs eating in a calorie deficit (congrats btw!). If keto fits your lifestyle and goals, and helps you achieve a deficit, then it's a great way for you, but it's not necessary for weight loss.

@Ratfinks, good luck for your journey! If you haven't already, read the important posts pinned to the top of the getting started and general diet forums.
  • Ratfinks
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I really appreciate it. I will look into keto and see if it suits me. :)
  • hosijos
    hosijos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. Wanted to give you some support. I have lost 90 lbs mostly by diet. I learned how to read labels and really understand what I am putting in my body. The toughest time is the first 40 lbs. You feel it but others not seeing it makes it hard to stay motivated. Just know you are doing this and no one can come between you and your health. Stick with it.
  • MichelleeLim_
    MichelleeLim_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Added you :smile:
  • Ratfinks
    Options
    Thank you so much for the motivation, hosijos. That makes me feel a lot better. :) Congrats on the 90lb loss!
  • treezy83
    treezy83 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Add me. Ill be glad to help keep you motivated. This is my second time on MFP. I started Jan. 1st and Im still going strong. Staying positive is the key. Don't give up!
  • Ligeia454
    Ligeia454 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Also added! I have a big goal and have been steadily losing this year, also! One step at a time!
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    A lot of people find the 300+ club to be really supportive and helpful! You should consider joining it!
  • TeamQueen
    TeamQueen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am trying to get back to using my fitness pal as a habit. I have quite a few medical conditions going on plus an extremely sedentary job and lifestyle. Mostly due to my rheumatoid arthritis. Anything physical tends to leave me in pain for weeks sometimes a month or more. I have tried avoiding those things but it only leads to more weight gain. I would like to go back to juicing and more of a vegan diet including non inflammation foods. Very difficult without the time, energy and real means to prep. I'm always looking for healthy choices on the go. There isn't many. I want to lose weight but I've wanted that all my life. My situation isn't just bad food choices but I can at least control my choices. So this app helps me recall and see what my choices are causing....more fuel to the fire or a slow change in the right direction. I'm a huge fan of organic non go foods and healthy and tasty alternatives to the junk. Anyone up for being accountable but also sharing their tips and tricks would be great. I'm not into diets I'm into lifestyle changes even if it's a slow one.