Eating 1280 cal but not loosing!

Options
I am 5 feet 3 inch women. And my weight is 135 pound. I want to be 120 pound. I am now eating 1280 calories but can't loose any weight. But I don't do any exercise. But whenever I Walk 1 hour brisk walk and don't count calories I loose weight very fast like 2 kilo in 1st week? Why this happen?

Replies

• Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is calories in vs calories out. When you walk, you create a bigger allowance for calories coming in. In short: you might be eating more than you think. Are you weighing all your food in grams? No 'cups', 'spoons', or 'pieces'? Would you be comfortable opening your diary?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating 1280 cals as well as the above questions
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you lost weight? Do you use a food scale to weigh your food/measuring cups for liquids?
  • fallprincess
    fallprincess Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    How long has it been since you lost weight? Do you use a food scale to weigh your food/measuring cups for liquids?
    Yes, I always use food scale. I never lost weight. I am most fat now in 135 pounds. I was always 115-120 pounds.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Yes, I always use food scale. I never lost weight. I am most fat now in 135 pounds. I was always 115-120 pounds.

How long have you been using your food scale (for every single food) and logging at 1280 calories without losing weight?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Can you set your diary to public (settings) because something is wrong with your logging
  • fallprincess
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Can you set your diary to public (settings) because something is wrong with your logging
    My diary is open now.

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    It's been one week - you need to give it more time than that.

Give it 4 weeks then reassess.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sorry, it takes longer than a week. Keep doing what you're doing and it will come.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Your using some generic entries:

Homemade - Lentil Soup (In Grams), 80 g
    Chicken - Meat only, roasted, 24 g
    Generic - Green Banana (Cooked), 74 gram

Unless you created these recipes in the database you have no idea what is in them. 'Chicken - Meat only, roasted' could be basted in bacon fat or it could be made without any added fats or oils. That can create a large difference in calories per gram. Same thing with the lentil soup - you don't know what is in it unless you created the recipe in the database. What if you cooked your banana in a tablespoon of oil but the original creator of the recipe didn't use anything? That can create a calorie difference of around 100calories per serving!

Log EVERYTHING. Each ingredient in the lentil soup separately (or create your own recipe entry) or use the actual brand when eating a prepared food.
  • emfin2014
    emfin2014 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't give up! It is so easy to to feel despondent when you dont see the weight coming off and thinking 'whats the point' and tuck into cake to make you feel better (definitely been there!!). Give it time, eat healthy and introduce exercise into your daily life. Once you start seeing results it will motivate you to do a little bit more. Keep going, it will be worth it! :)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    go back to walking regularly.
  • chels1126
    chels1126 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not fat now! Since you don't have much to lose (as compared to people overweight/obese), it will be tougher than other people.

Try to be active in some way everyday--walks are great! Drink a lot of water and try to limit going over on sodium or added sugars (natural sugars from fruit and veggies are different). Remember that weight loss doesn't always happen perfectly or right away, but if you keep up the good habits you will get there. It took me about a year to go from 132 to 111, so be patient :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am 5 feet 3 inch women. And my weight is 135 pound. I want to be 120 pound. I am now eating 1280 calories but can't loose any weight. But I don't do any exercise. But whenever I Walk 1 hour brisk walk and don't count calories I loose weight very fast like 2 kilo in 1st week? Why this happen?

Chances are you are eating more than you realize. Do you use a food scale? Weigh everything you eat? Measure liquids?

Weight loss is calories in/calories out. You do not have to exercise to lose weight (I exercise because I love it so much).

• fallprincess
    Options
    chels1126 wrote: »
    You are definitely not fat now! Since you don't have much to lose (as compared to people overweight/obese), it will be tougher than other people.

Try to be active in some way everyday--walks are great! Drink a lot of water and try to limit going over on sodium or added sugars (natural sugars from fruit and veggies are different). Remember that weight loss doesn't always happen perfectly or right away, but if you keep up the good habits you will get there. It took me about a year to go from 132 to 111, so be patient :)

Thank you
    very much for your kind respond.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Sorry, it takes longer than a week. Keep doing what you're doing and it will come.

And this.

Plus, you have little weight to lose so it will come off slower. Set your goals to lose a half pound a week and be patient. :)
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    What's happening is that you don't know enough about any of this. You don't know your calorie needs, or how to log properly. You don't understand how exercise factors into this. You don't even know what to ask, because the question is first about not "loosing"[sic] weight and then about losing too much. Read some fitness FAQs and get the basics down. Come back here with questions that those basics don't address.
  • fallprincess
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

And this.

Plus, you have little weight to lose so it will come off slower. Set your goals to lose a half pound a week and be patient. :)

Yes. I can understand now. 1 week is not enough. But when I brisk walked before 2 kilo of my weight came off in 1 week, so now I become impatient.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Been there, but a bit older..
    Best advice from me... Log everything you eat accurately to get the deficit. Walk when you can.
    I was 138 in jan/feb now 125. It is a slow loss but can be done. The closer to goal weight the slower the loss and more accurate you have to be.
    Good Luck.
  • robper13
    robper13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I was the same, nothing seemed to work. Then i started this program called Diet free life and it has been the only thing thats worked for me. You just eat every 2-3 hours. Eat or exercise within 1 hour of waking up, then eat every 2-3 hours. That keeps your body from going into fat storing mode. Eat 3 snacks plus 3 meals typically. Meals for women should be in the range of 300-500 calories, plus there are set amounts of carbs, protein, sodium, fat, etc. snacks can be anything as long as they are in the 100-200 calorie range for women; higher in protein is best though. And make sure you eat your last snack/meal at least 1-3 hours before you go to bed. Always people say its best to eat every few hours and now i know why. I'm not trying to sell a program, only that its worked for me. I weighed around 228 when i started last fall. Then we had a friend move in and it kind of threw us off track for a few months but i was still following the program to some degree. In December i weighed about 215. Plus i was doing a regular walking program that i started last July. Exercise helps to supplement and accelerate any weight loss. I lost weight gradually, which was a healthy weight loss. In January of this year we moved to Texas, so that stress kind of interfered some, but was still trying to stick with the program. But i still was walking/exercising. I use the map my fitness apps plus my jawbone band to track my progress. I had read about resting calorie burn and how that could determine how much calories to eat and either maintain or lose weight. There is a formula that calculates what your resting calorie burn is. Luckily my UP band shows me this. So then i figured out how much calories i should eat then subtract how many calories to lose a pound or two pounds a week. To lose a pound a week, you need to cut 500 calories daily; two pounds you cut out 1000 calories daily. But whatever calories you burn through activity, you can add those to your daily calorie intake. I know it seems complicated but its really not. With this My Fitness Pal app, it has been awesome to track my progress and where i'm at with my calories. My UP band stats feed into this app, plus my Map My Fitness app stats feed in as well. I have been using this My Fitness Pal app for about 5 weeks or so now. When i started, i weighed 210; now i weigh 199.2 as of Monday. I'm losing 1.5 to 2 pounds a week. Plus still eating out occasionally. Just this past week i had Dickeys bbq, Gattis pizza (2 slices pizza and a pepperoni roll), Whataburger (double meat) and fries, and Firehouse sub (under 500 cal) and baked chips and still lost 1.6 pounds. Even though i ate all that food, it was still under my allotted daily calorie intake using MFP. This app is great! The hardest part is to stick to the sodium levels, which i always seem to go over but pretty much stay under the carbs, fat, sugars levels. I eat meals and snacks that put me over the protein and fiber levels though. Plus i get in my water. All this works, trust me. You don't have much to lose, so it will come. Don't worry, you can do it. If you're eating 1280 plus exercising then thats why you lost weight. Those calories that you burned subtracted off the 1280. Not sure how many calories you burned, but say you burned 300, then you really only ate about 980...which is most likely why you lost weight. Keep it up and hang in there. You WILL do it!