n0t3ndegdsza.jpg
bfxffssucrin.jpg
d4oy7iuy2a82.jpg
kwvga0opzub2.jpg
j5l74lwled8y.jpg
ds4avnrl1ltv.jpg
Devil Mountain Double: California Triple Crow Stage Race

https://www.strava.com/activities/292635634

April 2015. It's the first race of three stage race series. Everyone has to meet the cut off time(very strict) in order to continue along with the race or get a DNF (Did Not Finish) and will not qualify for the next race.

With 200+ registered riders, we rolled off at 5AM. The pace were a little too fast at the beginning then later settled down once everyone found their own pace. The route consisted of two major climbs (Mt. Diablo and Mt. Hammilton) and few hills (some of them are known for their steepness). We passed through some big rollers before we faced the first major climb of the day, Mt. Diablo. It's where the pure climbers shined and separated the typical cyclists from the field. After a long climb, we descended on north side of Mt. Diablo. We then rode into some big rollers before we approached Morgan Territory. This has some steep sections in it were you have to get off the saddle and pedal through it without tipping over. Attop Morgan Territory is the rest stop at mile 50. Starting to warm up so I took off my jacket, arm warmers and put it in a drop bag. We descended down to Livermore where we face another big hill, Patterson Pass at mile 80. Faced with 20 mph headwind, it was brutal climbing it.

At mile 92 rest stop, we made it to the first cut off at 11:20AM (12:20PM cut off time). Didn't have much to eat just had V8 and a few baked potatoes in my goodie bag and off we went. Mile 120, LUNCH!!!! This ride like many others, was not prepared for vegan cyclists. I had to improvised to get some good meal in me. I had a lettuce wrap with baked potatoes, tomatoes, onions, pickles and added ketchup and mustard. Spent 20 minutes in there and headed out. At this time, the sun was blazing and the temperature soared to high 90s. We were faced with our final major climb of the day, Mt. Hammilton. Next rest stop is mile 150, this rest stop plays a major part of this race because Sierra Rd awaits for you. By now, every single fiber of my body were begging to quit. My legs were taost and I feel like a zombie on a bike. After Sierra, we survived the last two hills and descended to finish line were familiar faces awaits and cheering us on! I was very happy to see my wife, Vilma and my #1 fan, 8 yo daughter, Gwenn. We clocked in at 11:20PM.

Time to rest up and get back to the grind to train for the next stage race jn June.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!