Time to Buckle Down!

Options
Hi there! I began my fitness journey in early January of this year. I worked with a trainer and have been working out regularly. From working out (weight lifting and HIIT cardio) and carb cycling. I was able to lose 22 pounds (160 to 138). However, even though I was carb cycling I definitely didn't have good eating habits and I hit a wall. My goal is to continue to exercise regularly but to develop better eating habits in an effort to lose body fat.

Replies

• Pittgirl3
    Pittgirl3 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I began my fitness journey in early January of this year. I worked with a trainer and have been working out regularly. From working out (weight lifting and HIIT cardio) and carb cycling. I was able to lose 22 pounds (160 to 138). However, even though I was carb cycling I definitely didn't have good eating habits and I hit a wall. My goal is to continue to exercise regularly but to develop better eating habits in an effort to lose body fat.

22 lbs is amazing. What's carb cycling?
  • stephaniemartin1194
    stephaniemartin1194 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @Pittgirl3 thank you! Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled to have lost that weight, but I definitely realize now that losing body fat percentage is what really matters. Carb cycling is basically where you divide up your week into low and high carb days. Everyone does it slightly differently, but my trainer had me do it in cycles of 4 days. Day 1 would be a zero carb day, day 2 would be a low carb day, day 3 would be a low-moderate carb day, and day 4 would be a high carb intake day, and then the cycle repeats. The only exception is that you can have as many vegetables as you want during no and low carb days because they are really important for your diet. I don't know if I explained that well, but you could probably look it up online! (: It's really effective, but I started the bad habit of binge eating junk food on high carb days and so I wasn't really making as much progress as I should have been.
  • Pittgirl3
    Pittgirl3 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @Pittgirl3 thank you! Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled to have lost that weight, but I definitely realize now that losing body fat percentage is what really matters. Carb cycling is basically where you divide up your week into low and high carb days. Everyone does it slightly differently, but my trainer had me do it in cycles of 4 days. Day 1 would be a zero carb day, day 2 would be a low carb day, day 3 would be a low-moderate carb day, and day 4 would be a high carb intake day, and then the cycle repeats. The only exception is that you can have as many vegetables as you want during no and low carb days because they are really important for your diet. I don't know if I explained that well, but you could probably look it up online! (: It's really effective, but I started the bad habit of binge eating junk food on high carb days and so I wasn't really making as much progress as I should have been.

That definitely sounds like something to look into. I'm trying to reduce all of my carbs, but it's so hard. Why does bread have to be so delicious and comforting at the same time? Lol