Always going way over on my carbs

Options
newly pescatarian ( about 3 months now) and I'm constantly over on my carbs. Diary is open...would love some substitute items for some of my high carb items thanks!!

Replies

• Kkelso1119
    Kkelso1119 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Have you tried zoodles (zucchini noodles) or miracle noodles? They are AMAZING substitutes for pasta!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not currently open.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Kkelso1119 wrote: »
    Have you tried zoodles (zucchini noodles) or miracle noodles? They are AMAZING substitutes for pasta!

They're really not that great.

OP your diary isn't even open.
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Wow sorry guys didn't realize that. I'm dumb :) open now !!
  • Glampinupdoll
    Options
    Kkelso1119 wrote: »

I have! I have more issues on items that aren't clearly a carb. I guess I just need to become more familiar
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    http://inspiralized.com/ has some really awesome ways to make your meals vegetable-based. You would have to make some substitutions with meat, but it's a great resource.
  • Glampinupdoll
    Options
    http://inspiralized.com/ has some really awesome ways to make your meals vegetable-based. You would have to make some substitutions with meat, but it's a great resource.

Awesome! As long as it's wild caught fish I can do that :) thanks for the site!
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest nixing the dannon yogurt. You'll do well using plain yogurt and adding fruit or fruit puree to that. It won't be as sweet and will help cut the carbs a bit in that area.

Beans are pretty carb heavy, so if you eat something that has a ton of beans, you might need to back off on bread in another meal to make up for it.

In order to stay satiated with fewer carbs, I've found I need to eat more fat. Your carb goal seems pretty low to me, but you can definitely do it!

I've found carrots have more carbs than I wish they had!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It's fine because, as a pescatarian, you are going to be eating carbs.
    Consider increasing fats by using regular butter for example.
    One can make lasagna with eggplant instead of noodles.
    You might find some recipes for pizza that are lower carb by using thin crust or pita bread or English muffins for crust or even cauliflower or zucchini crust.
    http://www.diabetesdaily.com/recipes/entrees/zucchini_crust_pizza/
    2985fqunlusg.jpg

• N200lz
    N200lz Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I eliminate anything in the way of high glycemic grains. Sorry, but toast/bread is your highest cost in the carbs.
    Cereal grains like wheat, rice, corn are really high which is why I eliminated pasta, toast/bread, etc.

Some very good numbers though. I also would recommend looking into Quest bars as a snack. A large variety of flavors and the net carbs are extremely low (typically 3-7) compared to others but high in fiber at the same time (typically 17 grams of dietary fiber) and that's important if you are low-carb. There is no fiber in meat. :)