Eat This Much

Options
Has anyone here used eatthismuch(dot)com? It's a site that takes your food and calorie preferences and creates menus with grocery lists... I joined over the weekend and it seems really cool. You can set it to break up your calories into as many meals as you like and the recipes are kinda yummy!

Breakfast today was a cheese omelet and an apple
Snack is a mango protein shake (made with actual whole milk)
Lunch is spinach cheese pasta with a cup of tomato soup
Snack is a Cocoa Flax smoothie and cream cheese pinwheels
Dinner is parmesan eggplant and linguini
Dessert is a blueberry protein shake

I customized my menu for vegetarian, gluten free, soy free, and higher protein.

If you've used it, what did you think??

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I like it, but it doesn't do anything I can't do myself.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it but two protein shakes and a smoothie seems overkill, and frankly way more fruit than I like to eat in a day. How about getting protein from, you know, food? Ditch one of the shakes for some Greek yogurt or cottage cheese or something.
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    True but I'm not great at meal planning and this makes it so easy.

• JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Never heard of it but two protein shakes and a smoothie seems overkill, and frankly way more fruit than I like to eat in a day. How about getting protein from, you know, food? Ditch one of the shakes for some Greek yogurt or cottage cheese or something.
    Totally hear ya... sounded like a lot of shakes to me too but i am using PlantFusion powder, which is really clean and the whole day only has 3 servings of fruit which didn't sound like too much to me. This is my first day on the plan and so far I'm liking it. However, nighttime eating is more of a problem for me so we'll see how it works come evening!
  • OCcubanita
    OCcubanita Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    JaenaM - How did your results end up with EatThisMuch.com? Did you have any success? Are you still using it? I'm very interested in trying it out but haven't seen much comments from others regarding their results.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Yeah, it's cool, but wouldn't be useful for me. I think it would be good for someone looking for ideas, though, and is free, at least for the basic functions.

I'd go nuts trying to stick to someone else's meal plan, though, so would just use it for ideas. I think you can tell it no protein powder -- when I played with it I asked for the Med diet plan and didn't get any protein powder suggestions.