Call Center Agent looking to loose the Call Center body

Options
Also known as the Secretary Spread. haha
My name is Kas. I'm 20 years old and I have been working in the same call center for 2 years.
I have what some would refer to as the "Call Center Body" Where most of your weight sits in you lower abdomin, thighs, and butt, causing you to look awfully pear shaped. And being the tall and curvy woman that I am, it does not fair well for me. So I've started dieting (badly) and exercising as much as I can.
I'm starting school in july, and hope to be at least 10 pounds slimmer by then.

Friends are nice, they help motivate you and get you through the "Leave me be, all I want is that Sorebetto" phases.

Replies

• sjwarren66
    sjwarren66 Posts: 16
    Options
    I work in a call center, too. So I know waht you mean , but I'm much older and have had a lot longer to develop my "call center"" body , or what I remember it being called, the "secretary spread," Being anchored to your desk certainly doesn't help.

What I've been doing lately is taking "smoke" breaks, even though I don't smoke. I take a walk around my building's parking lot - from the time I leave my desk (taking the stairs) to the time I return usually takes me 12-15 minutes. I do get an hour for lunch, so I spend the first half eating the lunch I packed for the day and second half taking another, longer walk, in the area around my building.

The pluses are that I'm getting excercise and I'm clearing my head. Not sure what's going to happen as the summer heats up, but I'll try to keep at it. Good luck!
  • biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81
    Options
    Me too Kas. I did triage nursing from home and then for the last nine years have owned our business from home..... I walk in the AM, but they gave me some good suggestions of what to do it I'm sitting fore 2-4 hours doing dials....
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I work and call center too, and am way older. Every job before this I was on my feet all day. This sitting all day put on the pounds faster, even though I was always heavy.