Hi I'm new and need motivation and information

Options
hi im Katie just started getting fit after a long time of being unfit. I have 3 boys 8,7 & 2 and decided I need to be a happier and healthier me for me and them.

Replies

• mabbx
    mabbx Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello Katie! Good for you that you choose do something for your health I'm on my journey to a better healthy life as well I have lost some lbs by my own trying to eat the 6 meals of the day in small portions and doing some exercise at home I feel more healthy and I'm wearing 3 sizes less that before I started and I'm decide to continue loose more weight ;) is all about determination go for it!
  • Soldomin0830
    Soldomin0830 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's a great reason to start getting healthier. You should include them in activities and healthy eating so they grow up with a healthy lifestyle. (Cooking and playing in the park, etc)

My parents never encouraged me to eat healthy or do exercise, so I think I always lacked motivation. It is now as an adult that I realized all I could have done since I was young to be healthier and more active.

You can make a difference in your life and theirs :)

The first thing I did to start my diet and excercise was boil 12 eggs and separated them in small ziplock bags of two each, that is my breakfast every morning. They are ready to go! It satisfies my hunger and keeps me full until lunch. I work in an office so to me having things pre-made is key.

And I started going to the gym and I work out on the treadmill one day and the elliptical the other and so on. It may seem like a small step but it is a very big change for me since I work sitting in a cubicle for more than 8 hrs a day.

Hope these tips help. I have more if you'd like. If you have any recipes please share!

Good luck !
    Sol.
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm here to get healtier and lose weight also. I have a lot to lose as I have gained many lbs over the years. It's the small changes and little extras we do that will make the journey easier. Feel free to friend me if you'd like. I'm on here most every day. Don't always have the time to post a status, but I do go through and look at what my friends have accomplished for the day and 'like' their status and comment as I can. We all have to encourage and support each other and sometimes we just need to have people who will listen to us vent about our weight loss stumbles and journey. Good luck on your journey!