Can anyone give me some healthy but easy recipies?

Options
I'm trying to eat healthier but currently the only meat I eat is chicken breast and I'm kind of tired already lol , thanks, God bless

Replies

• madeleadele
    madeleadele Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatballs: 4 oz lean ground turkey, breadcrumbs (add until mixture sticks together), egg, half an onion - chopped or minced, garlic to taste, salt and pepper to taste. Cook in oven or on stovetop in a pan!

Other good sources of protein: greek yogurt, nuts, beans (including edamame), eggs, light string cheese, quest bars (check them out seriously)
  • madeleadele
    madeleadele Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Other good recipes/foods I like that are healthy:
    spaghetti squash (add choice of protein, other veggies)
    squash fritters: choice of squash (mashed), breadcrumbs (add until mixture sticks together), egg (one per every 2 cups of squash), seasoning of your choice (I like onion, garlic, salt and pepper). Cook in a pan
    honey marinated chicken: chicken breasts, 1-2 tbsp honey, soy sauce (make sure all breasts are submerged in the bag you marinate them in), 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Let soak overnight/during the day and cook as you normally would.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Beans, Ham, Fish, Pork Chops, Small Lean Steak.
    Grilled Tilapia: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/grilled-tilapia-couscous
  • courtneyhartung5
    courtneyhartung5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Califlower is a great replacement for potatoes and if you make them correctly they can actually taste like potatoes.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    One of the easiest we have in my house is pita pizzas. Broil one side of the pita, turn it over and add your sauce, toppings, and cheese, and broil until cheese is melted. Takes 10 minutes.

We also make a lot of dishes and freeze them into portions. It makes it much easier to just pull something from the freezer on busy days.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I have friends who start to eat better and instantly think they have to eat chicken or salads every day. But they're lots of others. The replies above are great.

Also pork tenderloin is very lean. I buy a small one. Brown in nonstick pan sprayed with cooking spray and finish in the oven.

I put frozen tilapia or catfish in foil. Season with blackened or cajun seasoning and top with lemon slices with a tsp of butter on top. Bake at 350 until done. I put the fish on top of couscous or pasta. Use the juice in the foil packet to pour over it.

Toss chicken in some whole wheat penne. Throw in diced veggies and a balsamic vinaigrette.

Use your chicken for fajitas or chicken tacos.

Ground round is a great lean meat. I make spaghetti, hamburgers or hamburger steaks with it.

Portabello mushrooms grilled makes a great burger if you like mushrooms. I adore them.

The other night, I fried my family pork chops. For myself, I seasoned my boneless pork chop with Tony Chacheres spice n herb seasoning (kind of spicy) and garlic powder. Browned them in nonstick skillet sprayed with nonstick olive oil spray. Then added small amount of chicken stock. The stock keeps them from being dry since they're thin and boneless. They turned out great.

Find what you like and experiment. Have fun. Work with baking, roasting or grilling your meat. Roast or steam your veggies.

Good luck!