weight to dress size ratio poll

Options
Hi girls iv always thought i was quite heavy for my dress size 16. I weigh 14st 1. Just wondered if any of u are comfortable with sharing your weight dress size just for a bit of an eye opener really as some women have more muscle than others etc or like me big busted haha so be a good poll to read x

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Today I'm 174lbs, and a size 14, or XL.

I'm 5'8" and not very fit a the moment. I'd like to be 140 something, solid, and a size 8. I'm not busty so when I get down to that size 8 there will be nothing left. LOL
  • xstacey267x
    xstacey267x Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hehe lol id like to get to a 10 i think if i can. My chest will be on my knees by then lol
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'4" tall and weigh 150 and wear a size 12 or Large dress. When I was 179 I was a 16. Hoping to loose another 20 lbs. None of that weight is in my boobs unfortunately. Ha ha
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    5'4" 130 and size 2-4.

When I started at 163 I was a size 6 in a fit and flare dress, and could not really wear any kind of sheath because of my measurements (extreme pear).
  • greatful4grace
    greatful4grace Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I m 5 8 , 51 & 198 at the moment size 16, thinking close to 90 to get completely in a size 14. hope that helps you
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    There's a website called mybodygallery.com which has a database of women based on height and weight. You can also search by clothes size. That might give you an idea of what the average clothes size is based on those factors. Otherwise there are just so many variables.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    wbandel wrote: »
    There's a website called mybodygallery.com which has a database of women based on height and weight. You can also search by clothes size. That might give you an idea of what the average clothes size is based on those factors. Otherwise there are just so many variables.

Even on that site, you can see how many women look very different even at the same height and weight due to body composition. I've posted a few pictures on there. One time I forgot and when I went to search up popped my own torso...it caught me off guard ha!
  • Mentiri
    Mentiri Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I was 5'2", 198 lbs. and a size 18. Now I'm 147 and a size 10!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    180, 5'5, 14/16 or L.
  • newblue95
    newblue95 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", 148 lbs and wear a size 4. I was 155 and wore a 8/10. I've gained a lot of muscle since then!
  • aflores0808
    aflores0808 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and weigh 183, very busty. I wear a size misses 14. At my heaviest, 210, I wore a size 16 womens and they were starting to get tight. I'm mainly talking pants size since I mostly get pull over sweaters in xl.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and weigh 151. Here in the US, I usually wear a size 8-10 dress (I still carry a little extra up top) or size 8 pants.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 156lbs. I'm a US size 6-8 because I care my weight in my bum and I buy dresses that are flowy. If I were to get a pencil skirt I'd probably be a 12.
  • ashmaury91
    ashmaury91 Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Im 5'5" 146lbs and a 6/8 dress... and im an hourglass shape
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10", 209 pounds (14 stone, 13), very short legs/long torso, big chest. Also very muscular--all my my remaining fat is on my belly due to a medical issue.

Most of the dresses that I am wearing right now are US12/UK16. I wear a US 8S in jeans though. I've never bough jeans made in the UK, so I am not sure how that translates...maybe a UK 12?
  • Katleskin
    Katleskin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    5' 7", 159lbs/11st 5lb, UK size 14 bottom, size 12 top. I've come down from 211lbs/15st 1lb, size 20 bottom, size 18 top. I did buy a size 12 dress this week but I only got away with it because it's not fitted in the slightest and hangs straight down off my bust.
  • ValerieGaniron
    ValerieGaniron Posts: 37 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'9 243lbs And I was 210 before I had my child. I use to wear a 14/16 now I'm a 20/22
  • Bacchants
    Bacchants Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and about 67kg and I wear UK 10 up top and 12-14 on the bottom.

Although one of my main factors for starting to loose weight was that at 70kg I was finding that 14 bottoms were too tight!
  • kirstens1984
    kirstens1984 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5 and weigh 120lbs (8 stone) - wearing a dress size UK 8 (I believe a US 4), but in tighter clothes I buy a UK 10 (as my stomach is still not totally flat post childbirth) x
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and am 13st 1lb (183lb). 10lb ago, I was a UK size 18 (14 in US) trousers, size 16 (12 US size) tops, but a size 16 in skirts/dresses. I'd probably fit most size 16 trousers but my thunder thighs won't allow that! So I have always had to wear belts on a larger trouser size.

I've been told it's about a stone (14lb) per dress size, but I'm a pear shape, and carry far more of my excess weight in my lower half. I'm therefore starting to see a change in my hips and stomach, whilst my top half hasn't changed very much at all, although previously tight tops are fitting a little better. Now, 18 trousers are massively loose on me, but 16 trousers are just a bit too tight. BTW, exercise is changing my shape far more than the weight loss! I am at that weird in-between stage, where my clothes are loose, but I've not lost enough to go down a full size. More motivation to get more lbs off, and go shopping for smaller clothes, I guess!