Is there a fruit / vegetable you DON'T like ?

Options
13»

Replies

• Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Celery
    Raw broccoli
    Mushrooms
    Cilantro
    All berries except salmon berries
    Most pears
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Asparagus
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me sad...

Come to my place and I'll prepare all these for you the correct way and you'll love them!!
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Oh there are so many I am not fond of but also a lot I love. Worst have to be asparagus (tastes like gasoline smells to me if that makes sense), mushrooms, olives for veggies and pears and apricots for fruit (but I like plums and pluots which are similar to apricot). Pears double down on nasty with a bad taste and a bad texture - just thinking about it makes me want to gag.

Of course as I am typing this I am having one of my favorite dinners (even before trying to lose weight) - a veggie plate with raw celery, tomatoes, bell peppers (red and yellow), cucumber and sugar snap peas. I am sure many of you are cringing at that right now (I also have a nice smoked chicken sausage with it for protein but that isn't a veggie).
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    dragon fruit , star fruit , black currants raw aren't very good , honey dew melon is bleh,spaghetti squash,american cucumbers
  • autumn_skye
    autumn_skye Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    eggplant & bananas (tolerable only if blended or baked into something else), ripe papaya, persimmons
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    beets. Mangos. I love a mango smoothie or margarita but not the fruit itself. A coworker is always trying to pawn mangos off on me. Ugh, no.
  • smtaylo85
    smtaylo85 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    any kind of Beans yuck!!!
  • ElaineH1988
    ElaineH1988 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Celery and bananas that are ripe. I like them to almost crunch.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Asparagus

+1. And slimy stuff with seeds, otherwise known as Okra.

Mango, papaya.

• ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    I hate raspberries, and am not particularly fond of kiwi or ripe papaya (although I love green papaya salad)

I don't like most mushrooms (which aren't really a veggie anyway, but more akin to athlete's foot)...but can occasionally tolerate them if they are sautéed in enough butter and wine.

I will only eat olives to be polite, and I can't get excited about cauliflower.
  • jalarson23
    jalarson23 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Not fond of brussels sprouts. bitter and farty.

I agree with you. Ever notice how they are typically covered in cheese or something actually good? I figure they do that to make them more palatable.