Breakfast

Options
Lithy1812
Lithy1812 Posts: 7 Member
this may sound odd but I am getting bored of the same type of breakfast in mornings which are healthy so what do you eat for breakfast???

Replies

• baby_bokchoy
    baby_bokchoy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Smoothies! Smoothies are incredible. They can be low in calories and so nutritious, and really filling. I like to hide a lot of spinach and chard behind other flavors, such as frozen banana and cocoa, or a soft pear, and I also add avocado for creaminess (you can't taste it). I use stevia to sweeten them. There are endless recipes on the internet, too.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Coffee with flavored creamer, turkey sausage links, and an egg.
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I literally have the same thing every day... Greek yoghurt or quark (depending on my pre-logged calories that day) with chia seeds and fruit (usually strawberries, cherries, and blueberries), toped with hemp seed :love: :flushed:

ev27bsse59gx.png
  • Whiskeytub
    Whiskeytub Posts: 96 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Beans & rice with an egg on top. I'll add some avocado if I have a hard workout to do. And I make my beans really good.

Edit:
    Since this is the recipe forum, here's how I do the beans:

Rinse 1 lb beans and soak overnight in plenty of water and 2 tsp salt
    Put the beans in a large pot with enough water to cover them and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer, partially covered for about an hour to an hour and a half.
    Chop and add:
    1 med. onion
    1 green bell pepper
    1 medium tomato
    3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped
    a jalapeno if you like spicy

Also add:
    2 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp coriander
    1/4 tsp allspice
    a splash of cider vinegar

Let it cook another hour or so, until the beans are tender and the veggies are cooked. I usually end up with extra liquid in the beans, but the liquid tastes good so I don't mind too much.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    If I can be arsed to eat breakfast, I tip two scoops of Vanilla protein powder into Quaker Oats porridge. 400 cals/55 g of protein and good slow digesting carbs.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I also eat the same thing every day. Coffee with milk and overnight oats. I soak 40g rolled oats, a few grams of chia seeds and LSA, 80ml of milk and topped up with water.

On the weekends if my calories allow for it - poached eggs, avocado, fetta and spinach on sourdough.
  • Lauran845
    Lauran845 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a smoothie. 8 oz of OJ, handful of spinach, about 10 baby carrots, one frozen banana and about 1 cup of frozen strawberry. I just logged it and it was under 300 calories of frozen, tasty, deliciousness! On other days, I sometimes eat a couple hard boiled eggs with some mustard, or a veggie omelet with a little cheese. You could really eat whatever you wanted for breakfast, as long as you budget the rest of your day to accommodate for it. I actually hate breakfast food, so I tend to do the smoothie more often than not, but if you want a PB&J sandwich, go for it, just adjust the rest of your day and monitor how you feel a couple hours later. If you are starving by 10 am, maybe you pick something with more protein the next day. The worst breakfast choice you can make is something that is going to lead you to having the munchies a short time after eating it. That is just my opinion. Good luck!
  • Thin4Life4Good
    Thin4Life4Good Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I start with a green drink (New Vitality Royal Greens). Tastes like spearmint.

One slice of toasted Ezekiel bread (I like sesame) with one tablespoon almond butter.

One cup of coffee with two tablespoons 1/2 and 1/2.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    bowl of cheerios with milk, a hard boiled egg and a banana.
    Peanut butter oatmeal.
    Bacon and egg oatmeal.

Whiskeytub wrote: »
    Rinse 1 lb beans and soak overnight in plenty of water and 2 tsp salt

Just worth a mention if anyone wants to do the bean idea, make sure you pick through the beans because sometimes rocks get mixed in. Otherwise the bean recipe sounds fab!
  • Lithy1812
    Lithy1812 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas guys, thanks for that just needed something different to liven up the day
  • SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If I'm lazy I do coffee with a little whole milk and a scoop of chocolate protein powder and some oatmeal with cinnamon and honey. If I'm not I do a turkey burger and an egg and 2 whites scrambled topped with shredded cheddar that I eat on top of a slice of toast w/ some ketchup.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    i have a whole list

1. oats....and i make different kinds from apple pie oats to fruit and with yogurt So variations there already
    2. fritatas ( eggs with veggies and meat) same thing all kinds so variations there too.
    3. yogurts with fruits
    4. just a grapfruit or fruit i love too.
    5. fried up left overs from the day before
    6. eggs with bacon, eggs with mushrooms, eggs rolled up in tortilla, eggs cooked with tomatoes and so on and so on.
    7. pancakes.... all kind of too with fruit or bacon or just syrup
    8. a salad
    9. bread with sandwich meats
    10. french toast
    11. eggs with avocado

well there will be no end at my list lol i can go on and on. But for me it is mostly variations i eat it all.
  • vanessacapehart
    vanessacapehart Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like to make plain oatmeal and add a big ol scoop of quinoa (I keep a bowl full of cooked in my fridge) and add tbsp (or 2) peanut butter. Sweet with a little honey.1/2 cup dry makes PLENTY to fill you up. You can adjust this to your dietary restrictions, more or less quantity of everything.
  • betterme1980
    betterme1980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually have no sugar/no fat Greek or vanilla yogurt with (no added sugar) Granola oat/nut clusters the drizzled with cinnamon and fresh berries usually blue berries and rasberries... I never get sick of it.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I like breaksfast burritos .....whole wheat tortilla , turkey bacon , real bacon , sausage, eggs , spinach, mushrooms cheese hot sauce ..whatever you want
  • katzenfluff
    katzenfluff Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Baked oatmeal. Right now I'm liking a recipe with berries and almond streusel on top, but there are lots of different skinny versions on Pinterest.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I'm usually busy in the morning so I make a frittata and eat a slice all week. My favorite is bacon and cabbage for only 144 calories for 1/4 of it.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've been making a breakfast sandwich frittata lately. Basically I'm just too lazy to make breakfast sandwiches one at a time.

Take one 250g carton of egg whites and add two whole eggs. Throw in about 1/4 tsp salt and some pepper and whisk together. Pour into greased frying pan on low heat and cover. Add sliced turkey sausage or loose turkey sausage meat (pre cooked) - I slice up two sausages that we get from a local butcher, for about 60-80g total. Sprinkle about 30g shredded cheddar across the top and cover again. When the eggs are set on the bottom and just a bit runny/jiggly on the top, pop it into the oven on broil for 1-2 minutes. It should puff up and the cheese should bubble - don't over do it or it will be chewy.

Slice into 4 and serve on a toasted english muffin. For me, this comes to about 140 cal for the frittata and 130 for the muffin, and is filling and easy. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for a week.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Try shashuka (http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2010/07/summer-2010-travel-blog-shakshuka/). I make the sauce in advance and then just reheat and add the eggs. Makes a great breakfast/brunch

Or, have you tried overnight oats? They are great and easy to prepare.
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If you have a trader joes or could find something similar i have loved eating their Mexican black bean quinoa burger with two eggs. It's filling, healthy and like an unwrapped Mexican breakfast burrito!

Usually I do egg whites with a mix in of peppers or a slice of ham

-Peanut butter toast with honey
    -Greek yogurt with honey and pistachios
    -Leftover cheesesteak beef and peppers with scrambled eggs
    -banana bread oats- overnight steel cut oats with 1/2 banana cinnamon and vanilla.