when do i see some changes?

Options
Hey guys! I'm 5'4" and currently at 202 lbs. My goal weight is 140 lbs just to hit the normal bmi. I started my weight loss journey about 3 weeks ago and I have lost 8 lbs doing fitness boxing and some weights. I'm a bit frustrated because my mom doesn't see some changes. Since I'm studying nutrition and dietetics, i know that weight loss is not easy so i keep on telling her that but she won't listen. Help!

Replies

• bunnywestley81
    bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You can't make other people see things. Its difficult to notice if you see someone every day as well.
    It took me til over a stone before i noticed changes in me!

You're only at the start of your journey now...take a pic now, and each month, and just keep on doing what you're doing...you'll have photographic evidence of changes in a few months!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    No one seemed to notice a difference until I had lost 33 lbs (15 kg). I wouldn't expect there would be much of a difference after 8 lb ... especially to people who are with you frequently.
  • Kandersonparker
    Kandersonparker Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to her negativity. Celebrate the 8 pounds loss and the fact that your sticking with it! I saw a difference in my clothes around the 10 pound mark. Keep up the good work!
  • polabearbote
    polabearbote Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm just frustrated because she makes me feel that I'm disappointing her since my boxing class and gym membership is all paid by her
  • Becky03026847
    Becky03026847 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration. My mom has always hounded me about my weight even when I was thin. Just stick with what you are doing and it sounds like it's working. Don't let her get you down. The weight came on slowly, it will go off slowly. I've been doing this for about a month and have lost around 10 pounds (some before I found this site). I can tell the difference in the way I feel and the way some of my clothes fit. If nothing else, show her your weight when you weigh yourself. You are losing for yourself, your health. My mom without meaning too depressed me about my weight and I turned to food for comfort and just gave up for awhile. Stay positive, this is all about you and not her. That was a lesson that it took me awhile to learn. Hang in there!
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    It takes 12 weeks for the rest of the world to see change. Keep going, never quit. You will see the difference before anyone else will. 8 lbs is huge!! Continue to your next goal and never look back. Make her negativity your motivation!!
  • craveweights
    craveweights Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try to view fitness and healthy nutrition as a lifestyle change, not a sprint towards a certain number you hope to achieve down the road. Make small daily or weekly goals and try to break pr's whether it be in the kitchen or in the gym.

3 more push ups, 5 minutes more on the stairmaster....whatever you can do to be better today than you were yesterday. If you hit your numbers and push hard, the rest will take care of itself. And most importantly, enjoy your journey.

Congrats on your success thus far.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    People who I didn't see as frequently noticed the changes faster than people I see everyday. The daily changes are very small but they add up.
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Well, I started at 211.8 and started noticing on my clothing once I reached 196 pounds. So for me, it was after I had lose 15 pounds. I started feeling my back rolls slowly fading, tummy &face slimming down. Keep going girl, you are getting close to feeling the change! & as for your mom, she probably doesn't see change since she sees you often (i'm guessing), maybe try taking pictures befores & afters.