HELP ME GET BENDY

Options
HEY so I have a really big problem an unassigned hip..(it basically snaps alot I need to do alot of stretching and overtime it should get back to almost normal) . Anyway basically I can touch my toes no where near not even my knees im so interested in all this yogi stuff I think it looks awesome everytime I try to find beginners things it's really advanced any tips from anyone anywhere... Oh I also have reaaaaallllly bad posture and I'm 23 so I wana be the best I can be. Thaaaanks for reading

Replies

• XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Almost any yoga DVD, class or even youtube video will get you started. It's just about finding some basic shapes and practicing them everyday. For hips, forward fold, butterfly, lunge or basic sun salutations A & B. The difference between advanced and beginner yoga is how far you go into the shape. Just do what you can. Concentrate on breathing, very important.
  • Sieden76
    Sieden76 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just do any yoga video and for whatever pose you are doing, just go as far as you can. Eventually you will notice that you are getting more flexible. I agree with Xavier that following the breathing with the DVD is very important.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    https://www. youtube .com/user/yogawithadriene

Edit: ^Had to add spaces because it tried to imbed it as a video, so delete the spaces around youtube. She has some great beginner stuff and overall I really enjoy her sessions (even though I'm not a huge yoga fan).
  • Spamalam
    Spamalam Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys it's just my knees 's don't go straight so if I'm on my back and possision them straight... They won't go straight same as on my back if I raise them my knees are bent I dont no why but it's so painful to straighten
  • XavierNusum
    Options
    Spamalam wrote: »
    Thanks guys it's just my knees 's don't go straight so if I'm on my back and possision them straight... They won't go straight same as on my back if I raise them my knees are bent I dont no why but it's so painful to straighten

It takes time and persistence, but yoga will get you there. Take it slow and don't push your body too far too fast.
    My favorite yoga quote: "Yoga is not about touching your toes, it's about what you learn about yourself on the way down."
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Yes on the Yoga with Adriene.
  • Spamalam
    Spamalam Posts: 25 Member
    Options

It takes time and persistence, but yoga will get you there. Take it slow and don't push your body too far too fast.
    My favorite yoga quote: "Yoga is not about touching your toes, it's about what you learn about yourself on the way down."

Haha that brill.. Thanks for the help :)

• XavierNusum
    Options

Haha that brill.. Thanks for the help :)

Glad I could help! :)