Poop

Options
spa9177
spa9177 Posts: 327 Member
Omg pooping and running. What do you do when you suddenly have to go and can't and totally ruins your running groove?

Replies

• scamp07
    scamp07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Why can't you?? LOL

That's why I took up trail running. :-)
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    See those bushes over there...
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Go in the woods about 30 feet. Bring some wipes in your pocket tho.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    you did not realize that you had to drop a number two before you started said endeavor????
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    LOL! I like how it's all males who have responded so far.

Thank goodness, I haven't ever had this issue!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Women can't poop in the woods?
  • AmysSucess
    AmysSucess Posts: 16 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Trail running is good, unless you run in the wee hours of the morning like I do. Too many wild animals. :) This sudden runners poo happens often to me. I wake up at 4:00 to get a early morning run in and my body just is not ready for the restroom. I map out my run with places that have restrooms (my local gym) and porta-potties along the way. You gotta do what you gotta do!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Women can't poop in the woods?

We can and we do (at least some of us do). It is fun doing it in below zero temps.

OP, when do you run and how long after you had coffee? I find that the stimulants in coffee make the bowels decide very suddenly that they need to move when I head out to do my miles. I started to leave the house earlier and have the coffee afterwards. No more sudden urges.

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Because trail running gives you a poop with a view. This is why I luvs it.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    So, when it's required to bag your dog's poop but YOU poop, do you bag it and take it on your run? lmao, so gross.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    you did not realize that you had to drop a number two before you started said endeavor????

Some runs last for hours. I usually try to go before running for that reason. I've been 45min-1hr into a run and it hits and you gotta do what you gotta do. However, if you're running distances like that, taking a 5 minute deuce shouldn't hurt your time/pace too terribly much.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Some runs last for hours. I usually try to go before running for that reason. I've been 45min-1hr into a run and it hits and you gotta do what you gotta do. However, if you're running distances like that, taking a 5 minute deuce shouldn't hurt your time/pace too terribly much.

I just know if I have a squat or deadlift day I always try to take a dump beforehand...because I don't want to accidently squeeze one out mid squat...
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have this issue as well. Like others said, try to map out your runs with bathrooms at strategic locations. I know that for me the poo comes-a-knocking around 4-5 miles. Also, try to eat less fiber during the 24 hours before a long run. Make sure you poop before you run. Coffee can help this happen.
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I came here to read the comments... It always happens to me if I try to jog/run early in the morning, never in the afternoon. I'll try to go beforehand, but most of the time, it won't budge. I don't run on those days. :#
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

I just know if I have a squat or deadlift day I always try to take a dump beforehand...because I don't want to accidently squeeze one out mid squat...

Worst. Feeling. EVER!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Thea519 wrote: »
    I came here to read the comments... It always happens to me if I try to jog/run early in the morning, never in the afternoon. I'll try to go beforehand, but most of the time, it won't budge. I don't run on those days. :#

early AM coffee should take care of that problem..
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Bit of MgOH never hurt anyone, right?? :D
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

Yup. Coffee and some cardio gets things moving for many people.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

worst thing ever is missing my afternoon consitutional and hitting the gym and feeling like I need to go- and then it takes forever to go- and it's not the right time- it's just miserable.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Bit of MgOH never hurt anyone, right?? :D

lolz