Hey, please add and motivate me. Kicking all bad habits.

Options
andrieJC
andrieJC Posts: 10 Member
Hey everyone, I'm andrie 20 year old uni student looking to get healthy and lose some weight and tone up. My diet is shocking, I only drink cocacola, I don't eat any fruit or vegetables. I do like fruit but I'll rarely eat it. I normally eat processed foods which I realise isn't good for me. I'm also a smoker. I know that I need to change and it's going to be ridiculously hard but I know I can do it! I have such weak willpower so I'm looking for people to help motivate and support me and I will do the same for them!

Replies

• CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it, just depends on how badly you want it! Feel free to add me. :smiley:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    start small. don't make big sweeping changes all at once. it makes it really hard to stick with it
    start with eating carrots or cucumbers, or other veggie. and a fruit, everyday<-examples
    and/or log your food everyday.
    healthy isn't necessary to lose weight, just a calorie deficit. to be healthy, it sounds like some changes could be necessary. but do it, slowly, one day at a time
  • ambitiousclaire
    ambitiousclaire Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrie,
    You can definitely do this, I just started this healthy lifestyle and once you get started it's worth it.
  • ffwang82
    ffwang82 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    When you start to workout regularly, you know you don't want to waste all your effort. You will eventually quit sugary stuff, smoking and so on. Best luck to the fitness world.
  • andrieJC
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    start small. don't make big sweeping changes all at once. it makes it really hard to stick with it
    start with eating carrots or cucumbers, or other veggie. and a fruit, everyday<-examples
    and/or log your food everyday.
    healthy isn't necessary to lose weight, just a calorie deficit. to be healthy, it sounds like some changes could be necessary. but do it, slowly, one day at a time

Yeah I know, I'm still going to be drinking coke as I get really bad headaches from caffeine withdrawal but I'm trying to cut it down gradually. The same with fruits and veg. At the moment I'm back home for summer so it's a little bit harder to eat healthy as my mum cooks the dinners.

I know I could just burn more calories than what I eat but it won't be long before my diet catches up to me so I think it's best I try to make some changes. I'll get there eventually!
  • andrieJC
    Options
    Hi Andrie,
    You can definitely do this, I just started this healthy lifestyle and once you get started it's worth it.

Awh! Thank you, I'll definitely keep trying :)
  • andrieJC
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it, just depends on how badly you want it! Feel free to add me. :smiley:

Thank you! I will

• andrieJC
    Options
    ffwang82 wrote: »
    When you start to workout regularly, you know you don't want to waste all your effort. You will eventually quit sugary stuff, smoking and so on. Best luck to the fitness world.

Thanks but with the coke it's an addiction pretty much equal to my smoking addiction. In my head I'd just say the workout burned of the calories so it's fine. That's why I need to make sure i start to make changes now :smile:
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Just quit smoking, and start exercising more. In all honesty, this sounds like about the only thing you need to change for now. From your profile picture, it doesn't look like you have much to lose, tbh.
  • LyssaRonnell
    LyssaRonnell Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Lyssa! I'm 20 years old like you! I could help motivate you. The first thing you need to do is try to quit smoking. That smoking is doing nothing, but harm to your body. Your lungs and rest of your body won't be able to handle workouts if you keep smoking. I would start small with the transition of healthy because it you go full blown you might give up fast. I would start off with trying to wein yourself off the soda. I know quitting cold Turkey could cause some awful cravings. Even with drinking soda try to drink half your body weight in oz in water. It will help you so much. With eating start snacking on fruits and veggies and then gradually incorporate them in your actual meals. There are so many delicious things that are health. You can make some of your favorite unhealthy meals into something healthy. Use the internet for healthy alternatives in anything. You will be so surprised. I have an open diary if you wanna add me and look in it. Some things are not the most healthy, but I work my calories off, drink a lot of water, and eat a lot of other healthy food.
  • andrieJC
    Options
    Just quit smoking, and start exercising more. In all honesty, this sounds like about the only thing you need to change for now. From your profile picture, it doesn't look like you have much to lose, tbh.

Yes, I am going to do that but also just being more healthy in general. I'm not looking to go on a diet, I'm looking to change it for the better. My profile picture is from like three years ago, I've just not changed it. No, I don't look much different and I haven't got heaps of weight to lose but I could lose a little bit and tone up. Thank you though.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    diet coke
  • andrieJC
    Options
    Hey I'm Lyssa! I'm 20 years old like you! I could help motivate you. The first thing you need to do is try to quit smoking. That smoking is doing nothing, but harm to your body. Your lungs and rest of your body won't be able to handle workouts if you keep smoking. I would start small with the transition of healthy because it you go full blown you might give up fast. I would start off with trying to wein yourself off the soda. I know quitting cold Turkey could cause some awful cravings. Even with drinking soda try to drink half your body weight in oz in water. It will help you so much. With eating start snacking on fruits and veggies and then gradually incorporate them in your actual meals. There are so many delicious things that are health. You can make some of your favorite unhealthy meals into something healthy. Use the internet for healthy alternatives in anything. You will be so surprised. I have an open diary if you wanna add me and look in it. Some things are not the most healthy, but I work my calories off, drink a lot of water, and eat a lot of other healthy food.

Hey omg, thank you so much! I definitely will. Yeah atm I've got one of those vapor pens so I'm using that when the cravings get real bad. When I go back to uni it will be a lot easier as I have more control over my meals but I'll start the small changes now.
  • andrieJC
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    diet coke

Ewwww! Haha i know that's ridiculous but I hate the taste of diet coke, I actually prefer water to that. I like Ribena but that's just as bad so I'll just slowly try cut down for now and drink more water
  • anisk82
    anisk82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes from within.
  • andrieJC
    Options
    anisk82 wrote: »
    Motivation comes from within.

That it does but it's always nice to have support from others to help you.
  • mrsbrown7811
    mrsbrown7811 Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am new on here too, I am a sugarholic and totally understand the comment about water over diet coke. I drink 2ltrs water mon-fri whilst at work. But at home regular pepsi and coke were my drink of choice. I switched to Ribena, but realised how bad it was when I logged it on this app, no wonder I wasn't losing weight! I have now started to drink water at home too - I got one of those Bobble bottles with the filter built in to the bottle and now I don't touch the sugary stuff. I can't stand diet coke or even pepsi max, the sweetener after taste - urgh!!
  • Jokersurv
    Jokersurv Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You should quit the coke the headaches will go away. Don't sub diet coke for regular coke its just as bad. I stopped drinking soda a month ago and lost 7 pounds in two weeks. I know the headaches suck but they do go away