Any vegans out there?

Options
Hi all! I'm looking for some fellow vegan pals for support and swapping recipes. I'm an animal advocate so my veganism is primarily motivated by my love of animals, not health, so I have a hard time resisting the peanut sauce and cashew cheese!

Replies

• gracekathrynadair
    gracekathrynadair Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm vegan! I follow the 801010 diet but I'm having a hard time coming up with new meals and recipes. Would love to chat and give advice! :)
  • scottgperry2142
    scottgperry2142 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Vegan....still pretty new at it. Always looking to share ideas and recipes.
  • anupriyasingh526
    anupriyasingh526 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    YeS newly vegan.. Doing it for the animals first and foremost
  • orlaith_mcc
    orlaith_mcc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also vegan 80/10/10 :smile: for the animals and the environment first! I also have a degree in nutrition so try to eat for health!
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    So many of us. We hide, though. And what's wrong with Peanut sauce and cashew cheese. I prefer Nooch sauce myself, but cashew cheese is mighty tasty.
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yay, glad to meet some new vegans! Let's share some recipes. My new favorite dish was recommended by another MFP vegan friend. It's pretty simple, roasted veggies. Roasting the veggies seems to do something amazing to them, and I can't believe I've only roasted the occasional brussels spouts and asparagus before. The other day I roasted a mixture of the following at 450 for 45 min and it was sooo good: sweet potato, beet, turnip, rutagaga, sweet onion, garlic, and broccoli, tossed with some olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. Next time, I'll add some brussels sprouts, and bigger garlic cloves (the small ones dried up). Some balsamic vinegar and mustard with the oil would be a nice variation.
  • veganjeanie
    Options
    I wasn't familiar with 80/10/10, I just googled it. So that's a raw diet? Roasted veggies won't work for you, sorry! How do you like it gracekatherynadair and orlam3?
  • slothbears
    slothbears Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been vegan for about a year, it's honestly the best decision I've ever made. Exploiting living things is just not cool!! B) Unfortunately I don't have any recipes to share myself as I'm not a fan of mixing food together - why anyone would ruin some perfectly good veggies and noodles by serving them together is beyond me :D - but it's always nice to see other people's recipes and ingredients!
  • veganjeanie
    Options
    Hi slothbears (love that!). You are a purist! I was always mixing my food together on my plate when I was a kid. You were probably one of those that didn't want them to touch. :)
  • christabelle66
    christabelle66 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have been 90 to 95% vegan for 4 1/2 years for a multitude of reasons (health, compassion, sustainability). I am proof that there are vegan foodies (of course, my husband does most of the day to day cooking so the burden is on him). I love to try new recipes and have lost 15 pounds in two months while still eating really well. Feel free to add me as a friend. There is a small but vibrant group of folks following the Happy Herbivore meal plan by Lindsey Nixon. Simple easy meals that are calorie conscious.
  • nxtiv
    nxtiv Posts: 26 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm vegan but I also don't eat grains :) it's awesome and an amazing life style choice, vegans unite!
  • AMKnight92
    AMKnight92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to self-promote, but my Pinterest page has a lot of vegan and vegetarian recipes: https://www.pinterest.com/madebymelli/recipes/