Walking???

Options
Should we use how much we walk at work on our diary? I walk alot at work as I work on a campus and I just wanna do my best to lose weight and keep this thing in track.

Replies

• dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Do you take that walking into account for your daily activity level? If so, you should not double-count it.
  • mikehelton31
    mikehelton31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No I picked the no to little activity
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    You could track it, eat back some of the calories -- 25-75% -- and see how your progress goes.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't.
  • mikehelton31
    Options
    I wanna keep the calories down B)
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    No I picked the no to little activity

Gotcha. I would either count it sparingly, or not at all (look at it as a bonus!). For myself, if I decide to actually go for a walk at work (20+) min., I'll count it. I also count the lonnnnng walk to and from the bus stop every morning, lol.
  • mikehelton31
    Options
    Yea I basically walk in and out of dorms and take stairs most the day maybe I'll just use like 25 precent of my 8 hour day
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I only log purposeful exercise and set my activity level appropriately.

Unless you have an activity tracker that's the best way to do it....unless you don't think you will be doing the same most days.
  • dondotwinks
    dondotwinks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If it's part of your normal daily activity that is normal( even at sedentary level) then no i wouldn't, but if its done intentionally then yes
  • mikehelton31
    Options
    Ok yea my phone has a step counter but I may just only use my intentional exercise and change my daily
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Ok yea my phone has a step counter but I may just only use my intentional exercise and change my daily

I average about 8k steps a day without exercise prior to my activity tracker being used for losing...I had my activity level set at lightly active which accounts for the 8k steps.

ETA: bonus with having correct activity level that is actually higher is more calories to eat.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I would just up your activity level or get a FitBit so you don't have to keep up with walking activity.