I did it! A half-marathon, that is!

Options

Replies

• tanyamg
    tanyamg Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! You going to start training for a whole?
  • mama_corn
    mama_corn Posts: 24
    Options
    Congrats!! That's awesome! :happy:
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    You go, girl!! Great job!! It feels so wonderful to complete one, and you are awesome!!

And those signs made me laugh, haha. There were never any signs like that at my first half, but then again, I was in Disneyland, so there were characters in costumes instead. I guess it evens out. :)
  • ShawnaMama
    ShawnaMama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You're amazing!!!!!!!! Way to go!!!!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    You are so inspiring! Congrats on your accomplishment!!
  • alexfaty
    alexfaty Posts: 61
    Options
    Well done, keep on going :-)
  • Qattusa
    Qattusa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, congratulations! You are my inspiration!

I can't run for longer than 30 'mins, but have signed up to do the Glasgow half marathon in September. I am scared as he'll because I am overweight and unfit, but determined to get the training in!!! Hope to do at least half as well as you did! x
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Thats just awesome, Im training now for 10k so youre really inspiring! Congrats!
  • Mightytaco84
    Mightytaco84 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I'm planning my first half marathon in September. I ran an 8K last weekend and will be doing a 5K in 3 hours.
  • libstr
    libstr Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    well done!! my friend did her first 1/2 marathon yesterday too.... very proud of her and like that t shirt said, i dont know you but im proud of you!!

I would love to do something like that but dont really know if my feet can handle it.... im fit enough and I would like to do one, but the pain would be almost unbearable..... need to work on it!!

good luck for your full marathon!!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    this, my friend, is so inspirational for me!

i'm training for my 1st half in oct, and hearing you say how rewarding it is is enough to keep me going.

thanks for sharing your story. i look forward to feeling how you do now!

congrats to you, it is a monster achievement! you should be proud.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful story! It's always nice to hear from someone who went from "can't run" to 1/2 marathon :happy:
    Thanks for taking the time to add all the details and shar your experience! I'll be looking forward to hearing about your full marathon next time:flowerforyou:
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I just did my first half on the first and it was a blast! congrats and great time!
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Like the sign on that girl's back, I don't know you but I'm proud of you!! What an inspiration you are to m.! You rock!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your half marathon! The signs were great! :)
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Choked me up to read your story. Runners are a rare breed and so supportive of each other. What an accomplishment!! Great job!!!
  • gcumpson
    gcumpson Posts: 39
    Options
    I did my first half last fall and very much the same feelings. My 11 year old ran km 19 - 20 with me really helped :) And my husband raced around in our car to all the cross roads to cheers for me. I cried a lot. Congrats on your run and your time. I belong to a running group and we call ourselves " The Herd " that slogan will be added to our signs.
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Well done! And along with that sign, I don't know you, but I'm proud of you too. :drinker: Have a glass of water on me!
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I am super stiff this morning so reading your messages when I was all like "Ow! Why did I do this????" reminded me that I accomplished a huge goal and it was so worth it.

Pain is temporary, pride is forever!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I would be so proud if I did something like this. Congratulations to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!