Nutrients

Options
Ok, I'm an tracking carb, fat and protine but no idea what percentages I should be on.

I'm female 42
14.8 stone

Anybody advise?

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Depends on your goals. If you're purely just trying to lose weight, then it doesn't matter. If you want the weight to be mostly fat, then you need to eat enough protein, but that will only work if you're resistance training along with it.

For the latter, try:

.8-1g protein per pound of body weight
    .25-.4g fat per pound of body weight
    Rest of your calories in carbs.

These are pretty general rules though and you can tweak them depend on how you feel, just be sure to not drop the protein too much.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

The above link is a good read.
    Do you have diabetes or any other health issues or dietary restrictions? What kind of diet did your doctor suggest?
  • Roasties1234
    Roasties1234 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replays.

I have not seen a doctor. For my diet I just avoid milk. (Have almond/coconut milk).

I do loads of walking for exercise as recovering from prolapsed disc.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thank you for your replays.

I have not seen a doctor. For my diet I just avoid milk. (Have almond/coconut milk).

I do loads of walking for exercise as recovering from prolapsed disc.

Then I probably wouldn't specifically worry about macros right now. I'd probably recommend that no single macro go above about 60% or below 20%. But really, right now what you need to do is get into a habit of logging and eating at a calorie deficit. After a couple weeks, look again at what foods fill you up and keep you satisfied longer. What cravings you've had. Then adjust.

• Roasties1234
    Roasties1234 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for that I was getting blinded by it all. The link you sent me was helpful also. ☺️