Who here is eating 1200 calories after ...

Options
13»

Replies

• juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, you can have a peek.
    I usually stick to 1200-ish calories.
    The first few weeks I felt as if I was starving.....but now I'm fine. And I've found ways to pack lots into my 1200 calories.
    My head simply doesn't believe all calories are equal.
    Eg- snack on a 100cal frozen yogurt treat......or a giant bowl of salad with calorie free dressing?
    On days I choose the frozen treat, I find I am less satiated than on the days I choose the salad.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I used to eat about... 500 calories' worth of tortilla chips. If I tried to eat that much calories' worth of bulkier food (broccoli/cauliflower/vegs), I'd be full before I got to a quarter of the calories.

It's a matter of choosing more filling food that will fall within your macros.
  • pandapotlovebug
    pandapotlovebug Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Try eating Shirataki noodles! House brand in the white container. They taste great and totally fill you up. !!

Oh yeah! Thanls for reminding meow Shiritake, I totally stopped buying them. They are great! I like to make a soup with wild mushrooms, boo chou, thinly sliced leek, thinly sliced daikon, broth and shiritake. You can even sprinkle with dried bonito flakes.
    I'll have to try this!

• seekingbetterme
    seekingbetterme Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been on 1200 for a while. The biggest thing that helps me is not drinking my calories.

I second this! Save your calories for food! Also instead of eating 3 meals per day, I find it easiest to stick to around 1200 calories when I'm eating smaller portions frequently throughout the day instead of combining them into a few meals.
  • isthatpoisontoo
    isthatpoisontoo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 1200 calories for a week now. I had two very hungry days when I didn't get my breakfast right, which were really tough. For me, I can do it as long as I have a filling, proteiny breakfast (smoothies and omelettes are working for me) and snack a lot on fruit. I have beans or lentils at every evening meal, as they're so filling, too. Then, if I'm still hungry, snacking on popcorn fills me up at a low calorie cost.

Recognising it *is* hard helps, too.