wedding dress blues...

Options

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Well 2wks from Saturday is the big day! I haven't tried on my dress and won't til the day of so no pressure or anything lol. But I've lost 8.6lbs so I'm happy, but it just seems like I can't get out of the 140s...I get so close and then I gain a little...sigh annoying but I think I can!

That's up there with the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard on this site....
  • christyj0725
    christyj0725 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Well 2wks from Saturday is the big day! I haven't tried on my dress and won't til the day of so no pressure or anything lol. But I've lost 8.6lbs so I'm happy, but it just seems like I can't get out of the 140s...I get so close and then I gain a little...sigh annoying but I think I can!

My mom doesn't want me to mess with it too much since there's a little rip on the bussle but I think I should try it on. But I usually get overruled...

• christyj0725
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I haven't tried on my dress and won't til the day of so no pressure or anything lol. quote]

Forgive the intrusion but that sounds like an absolutely terrible idea. What if it doesn't fit? Then you'll have no dress ON THE DAY. Yikes.

My mom doesn't want me to mess with it too much since there's a little rip on the bussle but I think I should try it on. But I usually get overruled...
  • christyj0725
    Options
    scarlet67 wrote: »
    I don't understand why people are so afraid to get outside and exercise in cold weather. If you're doing anything even half way strenuous (which you should be, if your goal is to exercise), you will warm up in a matter of minutes. Not to mention the plethora of cold weather workout apparel that's on the market. I've heard it said that there's no bad weather, only bad gear.

This is so true. ...

I just don't like the cold. I don't handle it well and in Central PA we can go through the 4 seasons in one day depending on the time of year, but this winter I think I'll have my excerise ;)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

as someone else said, what if it doesn't fit?! what if it needs taking in/letting out?! so you put it on on your wedding day and it's not right... then what?!
  • christyj0725
    Options

as someone else said, what if it doesn't fit?! what if it needs taking in/letting out?! so you put it on on your wedding day and it's not right... then what?!

I've been pretty consistent with my weight loss and I'm doing the best I can with my excerise. It doesn't need to be taken in nor out so I suppose that's good news. And it's not just me losing weight the seam of the dress is a little stubborn but with people helping me out its no problem.

• christyj0725
    Options
    Aahh only 9 more days until the big day! Sure I gained some but I've lost 9.6lbs and we'll see if I can go back to the 130s. Family starts arriving Monday for the wedding and I'm so excited!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Aahh only 9 more days until the big day! Sure I gained some but I've lost 9.6lbs and we'll see if I can go back to the 130s. Family starts arriving Monday for the wedding and I'm so excited!

How excited are you going to be when you put the dress on on the DAY OF THE WEDDING and it doesn't fit?

seriously, this is really, really stupid. Try the dress on.
  • christyj0725
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

How excited are you going to be when you put the dress on on the DAY OF THE WEDDING and it doesn't fit?

seriously, this is really, really stupid. Try the dress on.

I'm not worried about it and I've tried to try it on but I usually get overruled by my mom whose worried about a little rip. When I tried it on in May I was heavier than I am now and I needed both my parents and a corset to get in it but I did. I'm 140.6 now and I'm confident that I'm going to fit.

• mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    As a recent bride I'm not kidding...one final try on. I wasn't going to do it and then my sister asked me to just do it. Turn out the stress made me lose weight and the dress was saggy. I would have died if on my wedding day I discovered that the dress I paid a lot of money for was not fitting as it should have.

TRY IT ON. I know you want to look gorgeous with a dress that fits perfectly. Your weight loss has been fluctuating. I went to maintenance after my final fitting because at that point I didn't want to have any last minute alterations...and I still needed it (so if I continued to lose and bounce around on weight loss I would have been in real trouble).

Please do one final fitting tomorrow. Also if your mom is worried about a seam that is preventing you from trying on the dress I would get that fixed. Last thing you need on what will be a crazy busy day is to have that seam rip or get it on and realize the dress doesn't fit perfectly.
  • oxlisaxo91
    oxlisaxo91 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Would love to see photos after the big day :) Congratulations on the wedding and your loss! Hard work and patience is key!
  • Fulcherj1
    Fulcherj1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to agree with all the other people that urged you to try it on. I just got married last month and could not even fathom having tried it on once before the wedding. I lost ten pounds and at the last fitting my zipper completely broke despite my loss. Thank god I had a final fitting so they could replace it instead of having no dress on my wedding day.

Alterations are not necessarily about weight. There are different parts of a dress that need to be taken in differently for each person. And just don't do the bustle if that's where the rip is!
  • christyj0725
    Options
    I have lost 10lbs and the family starts coming up/down on Monday so maybe I'll model for my grandparents when they come up. I'm hoping...if this was my choice I would love to try it on one last time but its my mom who doesn't want me to. So for now I just stare at it...its calling me to try it on one last time!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!! Just hold steady. You know the dress fits and you are happy with it, so don't change a thing.
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have lost 10lbs and the family starts coming up/down on Monday so maybe I'll model for my grandparents when they come up. I'm hoping...if this was my choice I would love to try it on one last time but its my mom who doesn't want me to. So for now I just stare at it...its calling me to try it on one last time!

Your wedding. Your dress. Try it on!

And congrats!
  • christyj0725
    Options
    Haha I win! My grandparents are coming this coming Monday so I'm gonna model it for them. So I get one last chance! Yay! Just staring at it has been driving me crazy!
  • christyj0725
    Options
    I had a beautiful wedding! My dress did fit and now on our honeymoon!!
  • larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Congrats!!
  • christyj0725
    Options
    Even after the wedding I've lost -5.6lbs. 16lbs total and only 9 more until my goal!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :)