Juggling Act

Options
One of the biggest things that i have noticed when trying to maintain a routine is the Juggling Act i do between spending time with family, Work, Other obligations (youth group, 4-H, and church) and working out. Sometimes I feel like I am bothering others with my desire of getting healthy and losing weight. Am I alone on this?

Replies

• MeganKyGirl82
    MeganKyGirl82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This is my life in a nutshell. It has been for over a year now. I have 3 children, ages 2, 8, and 11. My husband owns his own business which sounds way more wonderful than it actually is. I'm being sarcastic here but seriously, that translates to 'we are never off the clock'. In the midst of this I'm crazy enough that I've decided to enroll in school at 33 years old. 5 classes my first semester which begins Aug 18th.

I know the struggle of the juggle my friend lol. I combat this by getting up early. Early enough to fit in a few cups of coffee and at least part of my workout for the day. The rest of my day is just a lot of madness with very little method. I am at the mercy of whenever I can fit it a workout. I also pre plan most of my meals.

Some of my friends can get a bit upset about my time constraints. I've found they come around and understand eventually.

So no you aren't alone at all. It's exhausting but once you find what works it's worth it.
  • oldman298
    oldman298 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That is one thing that I have been doing is preplanning my meals on work days at least breakfast, lunch and a snack. By doing this I can adjust in the evening when plans seem to change the most. My biggest hurdle is the gym vs. home vs. other plans....LOL... You are definately right exhausting.
  • MeganKyGirl82
    MeganKyGirl82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yep! :) It's as much a mental battle for me as it is a physical one. Hardly seems fair haha
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with that myself. But I am also guilty of turning that in to "I'm to busy and too important to soooo many people to waste time working out."

I see it this way: as someone who has always struggled with my weight (and my friends and family know it), when I say "sorry, can't do that because I need to go for a swim", I am modeling healthy behaviors that I would hope to pass on to my friends and family.

I put workouts on my calendar (usually during my lunch hour at work, but sometimes immediately after work), try to be accommodating with other schedule requests within reason, and occasionally tell my friends and family "no".
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options
    Eventually it will become a habit and those around you will adjust. Making an effort to get active as a family helps even if it's riding bikes or playing games.