Is butter a carb?

Options
Hi! I'm Jenny from D.C. and I have accumulated too much fat on this ol' bod. I have, oh, about 100 lbs or so to lose (clocking in at 243.2 lbs on a 5'4" frame currently). I love healthy food and cooking and I'm trying to love working out. Trying. I hate counting calories, but until I get in a groove I'm going to continue to count, measure, and clock every morsel.

I'm looking for friends so I have something other than my little food diary to look at when I log on! Wanna connect? I swear I'm not a creeper. Mostly. :)

Jenny

Replies

• alybaba12
    alybaba12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Alycia. I'm in about the same boat as you.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    mean-girls-sweatpants-gif.gif

I'm 5'4, started at 254 or somesuch. About to kick the guts out of the 200 threshold.

tumblr_m8fbs111Kr1qj5633o2_500_zps342aacdd.gif
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Butter is a fat.

and don't measure, weigh. buy a food scale and weigh all of your solid food.

Start by reading the first post in this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
  • ElizabethAnne14
    ElizabethAnne14 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenny! I love your discussion title =) I too need to lose about 100 pounds (114 to be exact) I used to hate the counting, but anymore I make a game out of it and that seems to help. Good luck to you!
  • jennyabsheberly
    jennyabsheberly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenny! I love your discussion title =) I too need to lose about 100 pounds (114 to be exact) I used to hate the counting, but anymore I make a game out of it and that seems to help. Good luck to you!

Thanks! I knew a few people would miss that reference, but I had to.

I've counted off and on for years, but it's never been fun. I'll do what I have to, though! Good luck to you as well. :)
  • rperkins524
    rperkins524 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Butter is a fat.

Start by reading the first post in this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here

I'm fairly certain it was just a mean girls reference....

Maybe you're familiar.

• jennyabsheberly
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Butter is a fat.

It's a Mean Girls quote! I know butter is a fat. A delicious fat, at that. I also do weigh my food, just got a scale a few weeks ago. Thanks for the advice!

7ob05vyho209.gif
  • jennyabsheberly
    Options
    mean-girls-sweatpants-gif.gif

I'm 5'4, started at 254 or somesuch. About to kick the guts out of the 200 threshold.

tumblr_m8fbs111Kr1qj5633o2_500_zps342aacdd.gif

You're my new favorite person! (Don't tell my wife.) I was once so close to the 190s I could taste it...but then I tasted many other things (pizza, mostly) and ballooned back up. But I shall return! I'm comin for ya 199! You will be my *kitten*!
  • bringon30
    bringon30 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Should I be ashamed that I'm 30 and I love that movie?? I'm sending you a friend request!
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of lean protein to keep full...fish, hard boiled eggs, over easy eggs, and chicken. I try to log every day (but I'm mostly boring and stick to the SAME food!). I'm hoping to gain some new friends who have an open diary and who I can steal lean meals from!
  • jennyabsheberly
    Options
    bringon30 wrote: »
    Should I be ashamed that I'm 30 and I love that movie?? I'm sending you a friend request!

Nope! I love it, too! I say "Whatever, I'm getting cheese fries." on the daily. Except now I don't actually get cheese fries, because weight loss. :)

Let's be friends!
  • PinkDeerBoy
    PinkDeerBoy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My nearly 60 year old father enjoyed the movie! Lol
  • rperkins524
    rperkins524 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

!!! of course not. it's an amazing movie regardless of age!!!