IPhone or Android

Options
jessicatombari
jessicatombari Posts: 159 Member
Hey everyone!! I know its not MFP related but I need some first hand advice. I currently own the Nexus 4 which is great but I am looking to upgrade. What is my better option, IPhone 6 or Samsung Galaxy 6? I have compared specs and reviews and I can't seem to decide. I am more intrigued by the IPhone 6. Any advice or experience with these two models? Thanks :)

Replies

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The specs of the S6 blow the Iphone out of the water... just saying. Other than that, it's up to you, what you want, and what you'll use it for.

http://reviews.gizmodo.com/the-best-smartphone-for-every-need-1718136855

*edited to add link
  • jessiejbutterfield
    jessiejbutterfield Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well if you want my oppinion i would go for s6 i have it and it was the best desision i was also looking at at the iphone six but the s6 was the best choise and i am so glad i chose it and the specs are brill i was more likly to get the s6 anyway because i prefer samsung but i did like the look of the iphone 6 but thats just my oppinion.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I personally prefer IPhone because I own an IPad and they "talk" sometimes, messing each other up if I'm not careful. Mom, OTOH, likes her Droid because it cannot "talk" to other devices/appliances. My IPhone was hers until it started asking her to manage my apps all the time. I guess it depends on what you need.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I'll take the open nature of developing for Android over the second-tier environment you get from Apple. iFruit is trendy, but outclassed heavily by the Galaxy S6.
  • MFD7576
    MFD7576 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    RAVIG277 wrote: »
    iphone6 is simple but comes with lot of constraints imposed such as itunes,non availability of free apps ,but the apple eco system provides the best user experience on the other hand android being an open source platform gives lot of freedom ,unlimited no of apps ,you can remove all of the manufacturers bloatware by flashing the device with a custom ROM of your choice,does support lot of platforms,so its better to go with android and my suggestion would be note4 or xperia z3 not the z3plus

While your views are all accurate, One thing to add is that Android being so free and open means that apps are harder to develop and work on every platform. What could work really well on a Samsung could not work on a Motorola or HTC phone. Fragmentation of the firmware has caused a lot of bad reviews here and there. I moved to an iPhone because it just works. No force closes, rare crashes (cause devs aren't perfect) and speedy responsive use. Every time I have an android phone I feel like it slows down after a month of use.

My experience- Owned a Moto Droid since the day of its inception, Had a HTC Thunderbolt and Droid Razr HD for a collective 6 years, Went to a iPhone in January and love it.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Galaxy S6.
    I have an android personal phone and a company issued paperweight- I mean iPhone. Honestly the only thing the iPhone is to me is a backup camera.
  • MFD7576
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    I personally prefer IPhone because I own an IPad and they "talk" sometimes, messing each other up if I'm not careful. Mom, OTOH, likes her Droid because it cannot "talk" to other devices/appliances. My IPhone was hers until it started asking her to manage my apps all the time. I guess it depends on what you need.

What you speak of is not a feature of these devices. They have there own limits and own uses. Plugging them into a computer creates two separate profiles of use for each. If you want to use imessage on your ipad that's a completely different story though
  • MFD7576
    Options
    Over all, I this the Android platform always has been and will always be too fractured of an operating system. Too many companies with there own versions, creates for a 2nd rate marketplace experience and your mileage varying in many areas including battery life.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    my phone is capable of so much more than I use it for....I just can't be bothered figuring out all about it....for instance, I only just loaded music onto my phone and I've had it since last august....I have the Sony Xperia Z2....I used to have the iphone 4S and I got annoyed that I couldn't get cool ringtones etc without having to go through the hassle of iTunes and I couldn't figure that out anyway....yay for Zedge!!!...I love my phone but I think when it's time to get a new one, I will go with a Galaxy of whatever number is out at that time...lol....just because I can't find any funky cases for the Sony....:(....but I much prefer Android
  • MFD7576
    Options
    Ive done plenty of rooting and plenty of time on XDA, The phone is indeed a power house but why does my phone need to be as powerful as my laptop? If things are coded very well, they should be using minimal resources and ive always seen apps running with stupid high resources to counter the optimization coding. I agree with you that its depends on a bunch of factors but the fragmentation of android left a bad taste in my mouth and ive never used an android phone with a good battery, zero lag, or massive bloat ware for the typical user to trudge through. A user shouldn't have to hack there phone for it to be blazing fast
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Android, hands down.

iPhones are like the for dummies books of the phone world.

id7v76uevqsb.gif
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    Iphone for me. I've had android and although it has more features a lot of it is worthless. I used everything on my Iphone.
  • MFD7576
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    you're a gal go with the iphone.

Not even touching that one... *shame*
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I opted for the LG G4 over the S6. The CPU is better in the S6, but G4 has a better camera, replaceable battery, and expandable storage. Something S6 and iPhone lack.
  • MFD7576
    Options
    Shalaurise wrote: »
    Android, hands down.

iPhones are like the for dummies books of the phone world.

id7v76uevqsb.gif

This I can see to be a true statement but I want to stress that someone people switch to iPhone to relief themselves of the stress brought on by the "advanced features" lol Android phones aren't fun out of the box
  • MFD7576
    Options
    RAVIG277 wrote: »
    MFD7576 wrote: »
    Ive done plenty of rooting and plenty of time on XDA, The phone is indeed a power house but why does my phone need to be as powerful as my laptop? If things are coded very well, they should be using minimal resources and ive always seen apps running with stupid high resources to counter the optimization coding. I agree with you that its depends on a bunch of factors but the fragmentation of android left a bad taste in my mouth and ive never used an android phone with a good battery, zero lag, or massive bloat ware for the typical user to trudge through. A user shouldn't have to hack there phone for it to be blazing fast
    even ios has its own set of drawbacks buddy ,the new ART architecture eliminates a lot of issues we had in the past with high resource utilization by background apps ,also the memory leakage issue we seen in 5.0, too has been addressed well , the Android M going to change everything and will be more refined in every aspect right from security to Ux,but perception that arise out of one's experience remains for a longer duration,so no comments.

I am very interested to see the new Android version. I like that they are going to do "Ask for permission" pop ups which brings Android up to a more peace of mind coding. I want to go out and say I like both platforms equally, I own an iPhone 6 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10 inch and I think they are both brilliant devices. I have no clue what phone I want next too. I just have had faster and more responsive experiences with iPhone as of late
  • MFD7576
    Options
    Look at it this way.

If you want a phone with fancy toys (Curved Screen, Notification Side Bars, LED Notifications and Replaceable memory/Batteries) get an Android Phone

If you want a phone that just works (Great screen, Great Camera, Great Weight and OS Features to work around size) no questions asked. Get an iPhone.

If you get an iPhone 6 Plus expect every to make fun of you.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options