Lost 130 pounds in 9 months AND am no longer obese! (pics)

Options
Since late September of 2014, I have dedicated myself to eating better. Working out. And just changing my life in general.

This morning for the first time in my adult life, I can say "I am not obese". I have dropped 134 pounds since September and have gone from a 45 BMI to a 28.2. Most importantly, I feel better and I can see myself keeping up what I'm doing for the rest of my life.

I posted a picture before after I het 100 pounds down, now this is me after 130 pounds.

before-after-130pounds-shirt-on-numbers.jpg

Sorry about not smiling. I wasn't happy in the first picture and I wanted to keep continuity for the second one. ;)

Replies

• amy102875
    amy102875 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great job! WTG!
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Great work - how tall are you?
  • karenkasbi
    karenkasbi Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    wow, absolutely fantastic! you look great and so skinny!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job.
  • techguymike7801
    techguymike7801 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    jamesha100 wrote: »
    Great work - how tall are you?

Thanks. I'm 6'3".
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good job!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
  • WWnot
    WWnot Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    WOW! Great job!!! You've lost so much weight that your bathroom has gotten bigger! ;)
  • Barbie345A
    Barbie345A Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Amazing success! Enjoy your new lifestyle!!!
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation! Jokingly, it's too bad you didn't transform to a new team, too. :-)
  • Dizzylizard444
    Dizzylizard444 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wtg!!!
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    THIS IS AWESOME!! Congrats on the weight loss - you look awesome!
  • fitmap73
    fitmap73 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats brother!! Lifting weights is a key part of long-term strategy.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    First off, great job, you look amazing but I gotta ask. Please don't be insulted. Do you have much excess skin from losing that fast? I'm only asking because my husband is about your starting size and that's his biggest concern, along with his manboobs.
  • techguymike7801
    techguymike7801 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    First off, great job, you look amazing but I gotta ask. Please don't be insulted. Do you have much excess skin from losing that fast? I'm only asking because my husband is about your starting size and that's his biggest concern, along with his manboobs.

Yes there is excess skin but I only notice it really in the mirror when I have my shirt off. I'd much rather have excess skin though than all the fat I had and just all of the health issues that come with being that big.

Don't let him use it as an excuse. He can always take it off more slowly, lift more weights or...have it removed. Also, my "manboobs" have gotten much smaller ;)

I'm going to wait a couple years to see how it looks and decide what I want to do. I want to start weightlifting/sculpting probably this winter and am curious to see how my excess skin will react to that.

Feel free to ask any more questions.
  • pinelopi22
    pinelopi22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And you deserve to smile! ;)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • Rags2Righteous
    Rags2Righteous Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Way to go.
  • jclist1
    jclist1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome transformation. Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!