30 day water challenge

Options
So this was something I stumbled across on Facebook or pinterest one, I can't remember which.
But the idea is to drink one gallon of water a day, for 30 days, and only drink water. No juice, soda, etc.
You can drink flavored water, but preferably only naturally flavored, no added sugars or sweeteners.
I'm going to start the 30 day water challenge on Sunday.
I'll take a before picture and an after picture and we'll see the difference a gallon of water a day makes.

Replies

• midpath
    midpath Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I read this article about this woman who did it and in her pictures she actually looked a wee younger in her after photo. Good luck I just might join you!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    That may be too much water. Be careful, I would do some research before drinking that much water. Just because it is on FB or Pinterest doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    What is all that water supposed to accomplish in the 30 days?
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Im working on it right now... Im on day 4, Ive noticed a lot more energy and better sleep. Cant wait to see what the 30 days brings!
  • heathergettinfitblandford741
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    That may be too much water. Be careful, I would do some research before drinking that much water. Just because it is on FB or Pinterest doesn't mean it's a good idea.

I am doing this same challenge and i was concerned about Water poisoning (yes its a thing lol) and it said a gallon a day wont hurt you. It's if you drink that gallon in an hour or less you need to worry.

Options
    Ive yet to drink a full jug in the time ive been doing it but its still more water than i usual intake so im pretty pleased with it.
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    What is all that water supposed to accomplish in the 30 days?

Its a good way to rid your body of toxins. It will actually help regulate your bowel movements and make your skin firmier and healthier and aid with better sleep and more energy.

Sorry to take over the thread im done now. I did alot of research about this lol.

• PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what day I'm on in the challenge, since I drink only water anyway. Not a gallon, but still. Water.
  • Laurenjenai
    Laurenjenai Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I must join you lol. I'm kicking out juice and coffees (these 500 calorie mocha frappes are killing me) but if my caffiene headaches kick in I may have to cheat with unsweetened ice tea
  • FriskyKoi
    FriskyKoi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya on it! staring a week late but I'm doing it too!!
  • 77TiffanyIrene77
    77TiffanyIrene77 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    <3 I'm going to start today! We'll see how much I can get down tonight and then it's a gallon a day tomorrow! : ) I'm so happy to see people are actually doing this. And reading this post I was super excited to see people have researched to make sure it's safe and you won't get water poisoning from it. : ) <3
  • Kagemori
    Kagemori Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The past week or so I've averaged 1/2 gallon. I've been managing 3 liters the past couple of days which is just under one gallon
  • amberrea82
    amberrea82 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Been trying to get back to this again and it's so freaking hot where I just moved to so shouldn't be too hard lol